Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Nelsonville, Ohio Question >

Nelsonville, Ohio Question

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Nelsonville, Ohio Question

Old 11-01-2010, 04:07 AM
Fork Horn

Default Nelsonville, Ohio Question

I was just wondering if anyone has hunted near Nelsonville, Ohio. It is located in the Wayne National Forest. A buddy of a buddy has invited us to archery hunt this coming weekend, but I have never been there. Dont know how smart it would be to leave my woods in western PA and hunt a woods im unfamiliar with. He claims they have setups and will be ready to hunt. I always here great things about southern Ohio, but dont know much about this area. Supposedly they hunt a private farm outside the gmae lands. Any info on the area would be great. Thanks in advance!!
Old 11-02-2010, 01:58 AM
Spike

Default Nelsonville

We used to hunt near there about 15 years ago in jackson county there were a lot of nice deers but the paper company clear cut the land and spot wasnt very good after that..Probley a great spot specially if its private land..
Old 11-03-2010, 04:12 PM
Spike

I hunt about 10 miles south of Nelsonville on a small private farm and I will tell you that it will be worth the trip. I have not shot any huge bucks in the past 145" being my biggest, but for only going down for about 5-7 days out of the hunting season I do very well. I have seen alot of 130" - 160" bucks, its just hard to get them within bow range the way the farm I hunt is laid out. Anyways you won't regret it if the guy who invited you knows what hes doing and sets the stands in the right spots, but I will tell you you cannot go wrong with private land anywhere in Ohio, make sure you bring an extra stand incase you find a better location to make a set. Good luck and shoot straight.