Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
IL deer movement >

IL deer movement

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

IL deer movement

Old 10-25-2010, 04:11 AM
Fork Horn

Default IL deer movement

whats going on in IL. far as deer movement? ill be there end of the week.
Old 10-25-2010, 05:46 AM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

I hunted very few times this October due to hot humid conditions. Forecast today is 77, 3 short of a record high temperature! I will once again pass on hunting to get work done. Some relief is finally on the way Wednesday a cold front comes in and gets us all the way down to.........AVERAGE. Last time I remember a real cold front in October was 2007.

10 day forecast still averages 5 degrees above average.

At least the crops are out if it ever does get cold.
Old 10-25-2010, 07:32 AM
Fork Horn

Have hunted every weekend so far and deer movement in southern il has been decent. Killed 2 does the first weekend, doe the 2nd weekend and another doe yesterday. Havn't seen hardly any bucks im sure they will be gettin after it within the next two weeks
Old 10-25-2010, 01:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hunting in Jodavies and some corn is still in. The warmer temps are keeping the deer down. Did have a pics of a couple younger bucks doing a little sparring about a week ago....
Old 10-25-2010, 06:48 PM
Typical Buck

I'm in Lawrence county. I haven't had much time to spend in the woods, but I haven't seen anything very promising yet. There are some patches of young willows that are usually tattered to pieces at this time most years that haven't been touched yet. We're not seeing scrapes, either. The rut is right on us, so things have to be happening any time now. Good luck!

rw
Old 10-28-2010, 02:29 PM
Fork Horn

I saw 5 bucks at lunchtime today.One nice 9 pointer, three little 8 pointers and a year and a half old 6. Of them all the little 6 was the only one chasing a doe.

Unfortunately they were in a Cook County Illinois Forest Preserve.
Old 10-29-2010, 09:21 AM
Kid
Typical Buck

Hunted some very limited access public ground today and saw several instances of chasing going on while hunting on the ground, but could never quite get in a position for a shot. One of the most exciting mornings of hunting I've had in a long time. This cold weather has got them moving good.
Old 11-03-2010, 12:35 PM
Spike

its been frustrating as of late here for me. late october was great i took an 11 pointer oct 16 and have seen a bunch of bucks. i had two real nice 8s on me last fri just couldnt get a shot off. but since nov i havent seen a deer. very frustrating because i really exspected to see allot of buck movement but i guess u have to be in right place at right time.
Old 11-03-2010, 03:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Game on!!! Bucks are leteally crawling out of the woodwork this week! God, I love the Rut and this next week has ALWAYS been IL's best!

All in my hunting circle have spotted shooter Bucks doggin' the Does the last few days and some monsters have been spotted. A few buddies have settled for 130 to 150 class bucks but the best is yet to come!!!
Old 11-03-2010, 06:08 PM
Spike

cornfed where about are u im in central il

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.