Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Beginner hunter needs help in IL. >

Beginner hunter needs help in IL.

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Beginner hunter needs help in IL.

Old 10-19-2010, 09:13 AM
Spike

Default Beginner hunter needs help in IL.

Hey everyone I’m a beginner hunter, this is my second year deer hunting and I’m coming to you all for help. I’m looking for someone to mentor me or help me in anyway possible. I have read enough books and articles to fill a library, but I just can’t put it all together in the field. There is only some much that I can learn, without having someone with real world experience to put it to good use. I don’t want to come across as a charity case or anything of that nature, just need some help. I live in the northwest burbs of Chicago, I would defiantly meet up where ever is convenient, even if its at a local forest preserve(not to hunt) but just show me how to look for fresh deer signs or deer movement. I don’t have the money to pay for an expensive outfitter, as I just graduated college over the summer; but I would gladly compensate you or help out in anyway I can for your time and knowledge. Any and all help is greatly appreciated!! Thank you everyone in advanced.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:26 AM
Spike

I wish I could help ya, but Im in the same boat. Props to you though for reaching out and asking....
Old 10-19-2010, 11:11 AM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

What NW burb are you in? I'm in St. Charles but am supposed to mentor a youth in Crystal Lake also. Brutal part up there is very limited public hunting land.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:56 AM
Spike

Hey Zim I'm in Des Plaines. If you do have some spare time any and all help is greatly appreciated, Thanks for replying back!!
Old 10-20-2010, 01:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Every time I go out and learn something new it is worth it. I might be able to help you out. Are you bow or gun hunting?