Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Mansfield OH gun show, Feb. 20-21 >

Mansfield OH gun show, Feb. 20-21

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Mansfield OH gun show, Feb. 20-21

Old 02-03-2010, 05:23 PM
Fork Horn

Default Mansfield OH gun show, Feb. 20-21

Gun show in Mansfield, at the Richland Co. fairgrounds, Feb. 20-21. Admission still just $4, door prize is a Marlin .22. Check it out at http://www.heritagegunshowsohio.com
Old 02-06-2010, 10:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hope you're not affiliated with these shows...but I must tell the truth. I live just south of Mansfield, and I've been to this show for many years. I'll not be back.

It's a great place to go if you are looking to stand in line all day in order to look at over-priced weapons.

This gun show consists of a bunch of exhibitors taking guns for a ride in their car...then taking them back home. For $4 the price to get in is right...but the past 3 years it has been an example of exhibitors trying to make money from schmucks.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:45 PM
Fork Horn

You say you've been to this show for 'many years.' When was the last time you attended? It has been under at least 3 different 'managers' that I'm aware of.

I do some work with the show. The current management held their first show last February. It was the first show there since 2005, and was very crowded, because it was in one of the smaller buildings. We really didn't know what to expect.

The show is now in the largest building, Fairhaven Hall. I attend a lot of gun shows, I've been to auctions, and I've read gun ads in the paper. Every vendor sets his or her own price, but I don't think these are overpriced by any means, the used ones or the new ones. Where, might I ask, do you find better prices?
Old 02-11-2010, 03:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've found better prices at the Sportsman Den in Shelby than at the gun shows around central Ohio. And I'm not just blowing smoke. There may be niche guns that are cheap at the show...but hunting guns (what I'm looking at) are not.

My logic is this...If I have a job making $30/hour then that's what my time is worth. If I have to go stand in line and blow an afternoon to buy a gun...then I am wasting my valuable time.

Maybe with new management it will be better.
Old 02-11-2010, 03:05 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the feedback.
Old 02-12-2010, 03:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

USMC...I'm going to drop by and check out what the new management has done for the show. I'm all about giving people a chance to improve.

I thought they only missed one year with that show...time flies.
Old 02-14-2010, 03:03 PM
Fork Horn

After you've been through, stop up front and ask for Chris. I'd like to meet you and hear your honest opinion.
Old 02-15-2010, 05:23 PM
Fork Horn

One last word on the show: it goes on no matter the weather!
Old 02-16-2010, 02:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'll do that!