Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Non-Resident Archery-Ill. >

Non-Resident Archery-Ill.

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Non-Resident Archery-Ill.

Old 01-13-2010, 07:45 AM
Fork Horn

Default Non-Resident Archery-Ill.

I see the starting date for accepting applications is like June 1st. My question is is this considered first come, first serve or are the applications entered into a lottery draw? I'm an uninformed PA hunter, sorry for the dumb question.
Old 01-13-2010, 12:09 PM
Typical Buck

It is not really a lottery anymore. Anyone who 'applies' gets their tags. They have not met the 'NR quota' for several years. You could get a tag yet this year if you really wanted one. Season ends Sunday, the 17th.

Nothing to worry about unless they change the rules next summer.

Good luck-
Old 01-13-2010, 02:35 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by LLBUX
It is not really a lottery anymore. Anyone who 'applies' gets their tags. They have not met the 'NR quota' for several years. You could get a tag yet this year if you really wanted one. Season ends Sunday, the 17th.

Nothing to worry about unless they change the rules next summer.

Good luck-
Thanks LLBUX!
Old 01-13-2010, 10:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

actually i heard from a good source that ALL bucks 125" and up are dead now in IL...sorry....try Iowa

jk
Old 01-14-2010, 04:55 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by 125py
actually i heard from a good source that ALL bucks 125" and up are dead now in IL...sorry....try Iowa

jk
I'm from PA, a 124" deer would be my biggest with a bow!
I promise I'll save ya some, K?
Old 01-14-2010, 03:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Camosteel
All kidding aside, the biggest problem most NR's havehunting here is that they all show up dreaming of monsters but shoot the first 2 1/2 year old, 115" buck, that shows up.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I promise I'll save ya some, K?
oh...phew...ok
Old 01-15-2010, 03:32 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by IL-Cornfed
All kidding aside, the biggest problem most NR's havehunting here is that they all show up dreaming of monsters but shoot the first 2 1/2 year old, 115" buck, that shows up.
I can see that happening, especially someone who has never hunted anywhere other than say PA. I went to Nova Scotia several years ago on a rifle hunt. Up until that time the largest whitetail I ever shot was lucky to go 90". On the third day up there a 140" nine point stepped out and I swore it was a new Canadian record! Needless to say it's on my wall and still the biggest I've shot yet, gun or bow.
Old 01-17-2010, 08:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can see that happening, especially someone who has never hunted anywhere other than say PA. I went to Nova Scotia several years ago on a rifle hunt. Up until that time the largest whitetail I ever shot was lucky to go 90". On the third day up there a 140" nine point stepped out and I swore it was a new Canadian record! Needless to say it's on my wall and still the biggest I've shot yet, gun or bow.
lol....thats funny....good buck tho, i bet your glad you shot him?
Old 01-18-2010, 06:28 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by 125py
lol....thats funny....good buck tho, i bet your glad you shot him?
I sure am, it's by far the biggest deer I've ever shot. I've never seen a deer that big, it weighed 224lbs. field dressed. They don't make em like that in my neck of the woods.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.