Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
i hate poachers >

i hate poachers

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

i hate poachers

Old 01-12-2010, 01:49 PM
Fork Horn

Default i hate poachers

while on a stand pulling expo today i found one the bucks we had bn tryn to get all year , dead with a rifle shot to the shoulder . it just really pisses me off that people do this crap . i put alot of hours into harvesting this buck as did my brother just to find some lazy worthless s o b shot him from a truck . i just dont understand why someone would do it
Old 01-12-2010, 04:46 PM
Fork Horn

I hear ya. I dont' think I have ever had this happen that I have found, but it still rubs you the wrong way to hear about it and I would be stupid to think no one has every poached a deer from where or near where I hunt....best of luck next year...hope the sucker gets caught sometime.
Old 01-15-2010, 05:53 AM
Typical Buck

How do you know it was poached?
Old 01-15-2010, 06:12 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by mr.mc54
How do you know it was poached?
That's my question too. Why would someone poach a big deer, then just leave it there? Seems more likely that it was shot legal but not found.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:43 AM
Fork Horn

there is a chance it was shot legally but the deer had a bullet hole in the shoulder , and it hasnt bn there that long cyotes hadnt got to it yet ,and we have had a problem with people shootin deer from the road on that farm and cuttin heads off , it was my guess that someone shot it from the road and didnt drop it . and wasnt guna chance getn out and lookin for it . we found 3 bucks in the field last year with heads cut off during season . but it could have bn a legal kill
Old 01-15-2010, 08:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

He also said it had a rifle shot to the shoulder. Rifles are illegal here in Illinois so if it was shot with a rifle it was poached.

I agree, poachers suck. Some people work all season to get one nice buck and some idiot drives around with a spotlight and shoots the buck of a life and leaves it there.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:16 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by fastetti
He also said it had a rifle shot to the shoulder. Rifles are illegal here in Illinois so if it was shot with a rifle it was poached.
You can't tell what a deer was shot with by the hole.
Old 01-15-2010, 11:49 AM
Typical Buck

I think anyone should be able to tell the difference if the entry wound is from, say a .30cal rifle bullet compared to a 12 guage shotgun slug.
Old 01-15-2010, 12:28 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by pats102862
I think anyone should be able to tell the difference if the entry wound is from, say a .30cal rifle bullet compared to a 12 guage shotgun slug.
Guessing you haven't found too many dead deer. Crows, buzzards, and other birds pick at the hole, often making it impossible to tell the original size. Not to mention, many people hunt with muzzleloaders in shotgun season.
Old 01-15-2010, 04:24 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by M.Magis
Guessing you haven't found too many dead deer. Crows, buzzards, and other birds pick at the hole, often making it impossible to tell the original size. Not to mention, many people hunt with muzzleloaders in shotgun season.

so you find alot of dead deer in youre area that have bullet holes in them that have been there long enough for buzzards, and crows to pick at the holes?

Ryan, it sounds like its time to set up and poach the poachers to me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.