Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Cumberland County, IL >

Cumberland County, IL

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Cumberland County, IL

Old 12-15-2009, 12:37 PM
Fork Horn

Default Cumberland County, IL

I'm usually over in the Northeast section since I live in PA but I've been offered pretty much a free bow hunt for a week in the Cumberland County area of IL for next year. I believe it's close to Greenup? 245 acres of private land. A coworker at another plant has invited me out. Anyone familiar with the area and what I can expect? Not that I'm thinking of turning it down, I would hunt 3 acres if it was offered to me. Anyone who knows the area please feel free to pass on any info they may have. Thanks all!
Old 12-15-2009, 08:50 PM
Super Moderator

I'm vaguely familiar with Cumberland County. It all depends upon the location of the acreage, but it should be good. If I were you and its free land to hunt I'd go for it. If you can choose a time to go, pick out the 2nd week of November.
Old 12-16-2009, 03:22 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks Cougar!
Old 12-17-2009, 05:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

I agree with Cougar Mab but with the caveat that you might want to be flexible in your plans. Bow hunting was pretty tough in that part of the country this year because the farmers were very late in getting their crops harvested. So, you might want to be in a postion where you can move the trip back a week or so, if they have another really late harvest.
Old 12-17-2009, 07:26 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks Lanse. I'll be in contact with the guys out there through out the year to keep tract of how things are playing out. I'm already excited. Gonna be a long year.
Old 12-17-2009, 07:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

You will be about 30 miles straight north of my parents place. Let me know exactly when you are in the area. There are lots of weekends during that time of the year when i am over there and we spend lots of time cooking, drinking beer, and telling lies in my dad's garage.
Old 12-17-2009, 09:34 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Lanse couche couche
You will be about 30 miles straight north of my parents place. Let me know exactly when you are in the area. There are lots of weekends during that time of the year when i am over there and we spend lots of time cooking, drinking beer, and telling lies in my dad's garage.
Sounds like we all like to do the same things on the weekends, no matter what part of the country your from. I'll hold ya to it Lanse!
Old 12-18-2009, 05:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

That area is pretty good, has produced some giants. I wouldnt really let this years late crop harvest even play into it. For one, this year was a freak thing, I cant even remember it being this late in the last 10+ years, and second, it didnt really seem to alter deer movement that much at all. When it got time for them to do there thing, they were pretty predictable as always.
Old 12-25-2009, 08:47 AM
Spike

My son got both of these in Cumberland County Ill. South East of Greenup with his bow, the biggest was this season on 11/07/09 and both from the same woods.

Cumberland County, IL-hobow02copy.jpg

Cumberland County, IL-ho-11-09-bow-copy.jpg
Old 12-26-2009, 05:19 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by apointex
My son got both of these in Cumberland County Ill. South East of Greenup with his bow, the biggest was this season on 11/07/09 and both from the same woods.

Attachment 6347

Attachment 6348
Okay, this is gonna be a long year...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.