Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Cumberland County, IL >

Cumberland County, IL

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Cumberland County, IL

Old 01-07-2010, 03:51 PM
Typical Buck

definitely take it. it should be farm ground with fence rows and a bottom ground. very good deer population, if it's any where near the rock quarry that's by greenup there will be some real giants around
Old 01-08-2010, 09:15 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Camosteel
I'm usually over in the Northeast section since I live in PA but I've been offered pretty much a free bow hunt for a week in the Cumberland County area of IL for next year. I believe it's close to Greenup? 245 acres of private land. A coworker at another plant has invited me out. Anyone familiar with the area and what I can expect? Not that I'm thinking of turning it down, I would hunt 3 acres if it was offered to me. Anyone who knows the area please feel free to pass on any info they may have. Thanks all!

Hey Camosteel i am from pa to. I have been hunting that area of illinois for 8 years now and have taken deer from 128'' 8 point to a 183'' 11 point . I hunt around Newton and Yale ,IL only 15 min. from greenup. You cant go wrong with that area. ( P.S. make sure you stop in at moonshine and get a burger)
Old 01-08-2010, 12:08 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by nontypical_buckhunter
Hey Camosteel i am from pa to. I have been hunting that area of illinois for 8 years now and have taken deer from 128'' 8 point to a 183'' 11 point . I hunt around Newton and Yale ,IL only 15 min. from greenup. You cant go wrong with that area. ( P.S. make sure you stop in at moonshine and get a burger)
My company just opened a second plant in Newton. I'm going to do everything in my power to get out there this year. I was told it's 245 acres of private land, mostly river bottoms. Sounds perfect! Thanks for all the info guys!
Old 01-09-2010, 02:52 PM
Spike

"( P.S. make sure you stop in at moonshine and get a burger)"

X2, the moon burgers are good, just be sure & get there before 12:30 pm.

The Embarras river is on the West side of Greenup.

Last edited by apointex; 01-09-2010 at 02:57 PM.