Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

where to hunt?

Old 11-22-2009, 07:03 AM
Spike

Unhappy where to hunt?

hi@all

i wasnt out really often but havent seen any deer (also havent seen lot of roadkills) here in Wisconsin after gun season.

so how long are you outside at this time to see a deer?
how long should i wait until trying other land?
can anyone give me an insider tip, some public land, i live in West-WI, Dunn County (but i would drive everywhere)?
i am only this year in this country and can't hunt in my home country (unaffordable, laws are no fun ... bow hunting is illegal)

would be great to get a deer for a goodbye-dinner for everyone - and my first deer of my life. its just a question of luck.

Last edited by Andreas_; 12-21-2009 at 12:14 AM.
Old 12-21-2009, 12:11 AM
Spike

****push****
Old 12-21-2009, 11:00 PM
Fork Horn

Have you tried checking the public land along interstate 94 going south towards madison from menomonie? I have heard it is pretty good hunting.
Also find some standing corn and start knocking on doors by it. Find out who owns it and ask if you can hunt there. A lot of times people will let you hunt now that the main season is over and they want less deer eating there corn anyway.
There should be lots of tracks going to the standing corn from the woods around it. Corn is one of there main food sources right now. Especially if it has not been picked yet.