Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

FOID sucks

Old 11-21-2009, 04:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by TSR6
No offence intended to any fellow IL residents, but this is just yet another reason I hate "living" in Illinois. The only things that tie me to IL in any way shape or form are my ID, Driver's Licence & my FOID. I cant wait to shred all 3 some day.

You say that now, but you seem awful eager to hunt IL. I wonder why? I say shred away!!!
Old 11-26-2009, 03:05 AM
Fork Horn

i agree if you dont like it it get out . i dont agree with the foid system but fallow the rules just like all the other residents . but do fell lucky that im not one of the thousands in line wiating to jump in a stand in il as a non resident . my card has an experation date on it didnt your old one

Last edited by ryanhill; 11-26-2009 at 03:08 AM.
Old 11-26-2009, 04:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I sent a renewal in for myself and my daughter in October and they came in approx 3 weeks. In fact, the guy at the gun shop told me he recently attented his ATF meeting and they said the ISP were proudly stating that their FOID turn around was less than 4 weeks right now. I'd say it must be lost in the mail???
Old 11-26-2009, 08:00 PM
Fork Horn

Not trying to be the bad guy here, but it's your own fault. You should have known you card was going to expire close to hunting. You should have done the renewal long ago. Yeah the system sucks, but you waited till the last minute and now blame them....
Old 12-01-2009, 04:13 PM
Fork Horn

lol...this is funny...ISP could possibly be running into law suits over the FOID deal. there are people out there who are still waiting after 3 months or better...I personally know 2 people who got jerked around by not checking this or that or the pic wasnt correct...Its a bunch of BS to say the least!
Old 12-01-2009, 07:16 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Matt in IL
Not trying to be the bad guy here, but it's your own fault. You should have known you card was going to expire close to hunting. You should have done the renewal long ago. Yeah the system sucks, but you waited till the last minute and now blame them....
...without looking in your wallet, what date does your FOID expire?

I didnt know it was expiring until they sent me the form. I got it in the mail as soon as I had time to stop at walmart and develop a photo of myself ( funny, photo center hours basically match mine ).

Yes, it's my fault - but they should have a grace period, a walk-in office at the DMV, or sent out the "hey your life is going to suck soon" letter and renewal form a little earlier.
Old 12-01-2009, 07:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

[quote=TSR6;3517046 or sent out the "hey your life is going to suck soon" letter and renewal form a little earlier.[/quote]

That was funny! I know it sucks man, but you got no one to blame but yourself. Not sure whats going on right now with the ISP, but I've done mine twice in my life and have gotten them back in 3 weeks tops.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:36 PM
Fork Horn

i agree there should be an easier way of obtianing a card but like most other states our dnr wants the most amount of money with the least amount of cost to them its business 101 . like i said b4 i hate the rule but love my state .
Old 12-03-2009, 04:41 AM
Spike

Your new card will be good for ten years and they don't even use the pic you send in it will come back with the pic thats on your dl.
Old 08-29-2012, 07:27 AM
Spike

WOW!!!! I waited 3 1/2 mos. for a denial! Now I'm sending in the appeal paperwork, I wonder how long this will take. My guess.....about a year

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.