Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
is it worth hunting where  they are logging? >

is it worth hunting where they are logging?

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

is it worth hunting where they are logging?

Old 11-17-2009, 05:12 AM
Spike

Default is it worth hunting where they are logging?

Is it worth hunting where they are logging trees? The people that live across from there have seen some deer and one monster. Is it worth going in there to hunt?
Old 11-17-2009, 05:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

i hunt a tree farm, and there is no better time than after the loggers leave fer the day, or the weekend.....they tell me how they see tracks the same day or next mornin all the time!!!ask your loggers, i bet they say the same thing!!
Old 11-17-2009, 05:43 AM
Fork Horn

Yes. Apart from bucks traveling for the sake of the rut, deer tend to remain in a limited home area, even with disturbances. Deer adjust quickly and they aren't going to move out of the woods just because some loggers are working.
Old 11-17-2009, 02:11 PM
Typical Buck

After the loggers leave, get in the stand! Thats a great place to hunt........deer love having access to all the tree buds and were theres does...........bucks wont be far behind.
Old 11-17-2009, 02:21 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by PY Antlers
After the loggers leave, get in the stand! Thats a great place to hunt........deer love having access to all the tree buds and were theres does...........bucks wont be far behind.
Deer love the browse and brush piles. I agree with PY Antlers.
Old 11-17-2009, 04:44 PM
Fork Horn

Definately hunt it.
Old 11-17-2009, 04:47 PM
Fork Horn

Id hunt it but IDK
Old 11-17-2009, 07:25 PM
Fork Horn

Yes, they will eat the buds and tender leaves on the tops of the trees. Easy meal.
Old 11-17-2009, 07:40 PM
Typical Buck

Not too many leaves or tender buds this time of year, at least not here in WI, it may be different in your area though. I'd get in there and hunt it, and especially next year if you can, with all the new growth the deer will be in there like crazy. Good luck! We had one of our best years hunting at my cabin up north the year following some extensive logging, both clear cut and selective cut.
Old 11-18-2009, 03:49 AM
Fork Horn

That could be some of your best hunting yet. The neighboring property to us logged a couple years agao, left massive brush piles. I thought it would have killed the hunting in that area. It brought in more deer than I imagined. I watched one mornign about 9 deer walk down a hill to a huge brush pile and they all climbed up and into the brush! They bedded there till about noon. You wouldn't believe the racket they all made getting up in there but they had a great secluded spot, with a great vantage point to see for a long ways. I see tons of deer in there now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.