Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
is it worth hunting where  they are logging? >

is it worth hunting where they are logging?

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

is it worth hunting where they are logging?

Old 11-18-2009, 07:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

chainsaw is a dinnerbell! Doggone right hunt that!
Old 11-19-2009, 07:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Schobs
Not too many leaves or tender buds this time of year, at least not here in WI, it may be different in your area though. I'd get in there and hunt it, and especially next year if you can, with all the new growth the deer will be in there like crazy. Good luck! We had one of our best years hunting at my cabin up north the year following some extensive logging, both clear cut and selective cut.

Agreed kind of lol. It all depends on when it was cut. I hunt the big woods, it is always beeing cut. If it is cut in the late summer-fall. I personally would not waste my time. They are after the young shoots coming up. The following year yes, same year cuts are tough. All they have is passing through deer and extreme hunting pressure due to the visability. Leave it alone untill the popple shoots are at least 2 ft tall.