Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Can a brotha get a N/NW wind?? >

Can a brotha get a N/NW wind??

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Can a brotha get a N/NW wind??

Old 11-11-2009, 12:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Angry Can a brotha get a N/NW wind??

Man, what's with all of the ESE winds that we have had in the South Central part of the state? My two best stands are useless, in fact most of them are because I must approach from ESE...
Old 11-11-2009, 12:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man, I KNOW what you're saying! Some of our very best stands are also impossible to access and hunt with Easterly winds! Nothing to do but wait for more favorable conditions but man, it sucks to loose any hunt time from some of these stands with so little Rut hunting left before our gun season starts.
Old 11-17-2009, 06:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

I am setup for a southwest wind and been loving it. Odd thing is both times i haddeer in range they came from the north north east. So i guess my scent control works.
Old 11-17-2009, 02:08 PM
Typical Buck

This easterly wind direction will make for an interesting season opener this weekend. Over the years N/NW wind has usally prevailed so thats what most guys set up for. Be a really low kill this year im thinking.....