Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Are they rutting in Iowa yet? >

Are they rutting in Iowa yet?

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Are they rutting in Iowa yet?

Old 11-05-2009, 11:37 AM
Spike

Default Are they rutting in Iowa yet?

I am going to Iowa next week and was wondering if I will be hitting any part of the rut. Anyone have any info? I will be hunting public land around Chariton, IA.
Old 11-06-2009, 05:58 PM
Fork Horn

from what I've seen any where east of Des Moines they're chasing hard and they're every where, if your west of Des Moines they've gone under ground never to be seen or heard from, lol
I've hunted three different areas here in western Iowa and have seen one doe so far this year, just can't seem to find em

Don
Old 11-08-2009, 10:48 AM
Fork Horn

Eastern iowa running pretty good....got a 60 to 70 degree warm front this week so theyll prolly slow down.....cross ur fingers for next week....IA
Old 11-09-2009, 10:26 AM
Fork Horn

They seem to be rutting real hard in central Iowa, we have seen some real bruisers and harvested 2 monsters.
Old 11-12-2009, 04:50 AM
Spike

Im from northeastern nebraska,and the deer are at full rut right now,sat in the stand last night and saw 8 bucks all chasing does,3 shooters,but past them up,i saw a bruiser riding the mule to my stand chasing a doe,atleast a 180".Im going to try to go out tonight and then tommorow morning,cause rifle season opens here saturday,and i dont rifle hunt,its way to easy,wish me luck. I would also like to make a comment on the guy that said its going to be 60-70 degrees in iowa this weekend, i would just like to make the comment that when the deer are rutting and them does are ready to breed, its full rut,it can be 90 degrees and them deer will be on the go all day longg.Good Luck my fellow hunters...BuckCommander!!