Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Hey Illinois residents....... >

Hey Illinois residents.......

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Hey Illinois residents.......

Old 11-03-2009, 08:47 AM
Kid
Typical Buck

Default Hey Illinois residents.......

www.prairiestateoutdoors.com/index.php?/article/legislators_pass_license_fee_increases/

Bend over, kids. I guess they want to catch us up with non-residents eventually!

Last edited by Kid; 11-03-2009 at 08:52 AM.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would not mind the raise in the deer permits as long as they brought back check stations. I hate this whole phone in thing. Maybe its just me, but I like going to a check in station and seeing what everyone is bringing in. Isn't that part of deer hunting?

$10 is a little steep, but 25 years since the last increase, that isn't too bad. I think a rise of $10 for a buck tag is OK , but maybe only a $5 increase for antlerless only. The state wants us to shoot more does but then raises the price on the tag? They need to make up there mind!
Old 11-03-2009, 02:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow...not bad,that's only a 66% increase!
Old 11-03-2009, 08:59 PM
Kid
Typical Buck

Actually $25 isn't bad for a firearm permit. It just bugs me they are raising the fees after Blagosumbitch raped the IDNR budget for years, and as mentioned did away with the check stations. You know a lot of funny business goes on with the so called "phone in" we trust everybody system.
Old 11-04-2009, 06:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

Wil these increases result in money that is specifically allotted to the IDNR or is it the same old story of going into a general fund?
Old 11-04-2009, 08:37 PM
Kid
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Lanse couche couche
Wil these increases result in money that is specifically allotted to the IDNR or is it the same old story of going into a general fund?

Excellent question! Illinois politics being what it is, I wouldn't hold my breath................