Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Out of State WI Bow Tag >

Out of State WI Bow Tag

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Out of State WI Bow Tag

Old 10-14-2009, 02:31 PM
Spike

Default Out of State WI Bow Tag

I'll be bow hunting in WI for the first time in two weeks and I just want to make sure I don't have any trouble obtaining a tag. Can I pick up an out-of-state tag at any license dealer, say Walmart, or am I best to get if offline ahead of time?

Thank you,

Joe
Old 10-14-2009, 05:05 PM
Fork Horn

If you live near a Gander Mountain you can purchase one there or any place that sells them in Wisconsin. Where are you planning on hunting?
Old 10-14-2009, 06:39 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by joetc
I'll be bow hunting in WI for the first time in two weeks and I just want to make sure I don't have any trouble obtaining a tag. Can I pick up an out-of-state tag at any license dealer, say Walmart, or am I best to get if offline ahead of time?

Thank you,

Joe
I would get it ahead of time cause after you buy your license there is a 3 day waiting period before you can hunt. Good Luck
Old 10-15-2009, 03:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

You can get one anywhere, just make sure you have all your information. You will need your ss# and possibly your DL# as well and a copy of your hunters education certificate if you were born after 1973. If you have all this info, go to any license station or oder it online. You will then be given a permanent hunter id number that will be yours in wi for the rest of your life or until the dnr decide to make changes to the system again. Good luck!
Old 10-15-2009, 06:35 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by crabclaw
If you live near a Gander Mountain you can purchase one there or any place that sells them in Wisconsin. Where are you planning on hunting?
So you're saying that MN Gander Mtn's sell WI tags?

Thanks for the info. I didn't know there was a waiting period, I would have been screwed.

Joe
Old 10-15-2009, 07:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

There should be a few spots in MN that sell WI licensese. I know in Chicago there are at least 3 spots I can get Michigan and Wisconsin deer licenses at. I don't know if its good or bad, but Ive never been asked for my hunter safety number in WI. A few years ago my buddy was asked and he had left his card in his bag and the guy selling it, "Don't worry, I'll just punch in one until it works". Seems like they don't care to much in Wisconsin.

There is a 3 day rule, but I think if you look around your area in MN and make some phone calls you'll be able to find a license vendor pretty easily. Good Luck!
Old 10-15-2009, 05:10 PM
Fork Horn

yes you can purchase a wisconsin tag in a mn gander mountain
Old 10-15-2009, 07:33 PM
Spike

Default You can get it online

Hello,
We moved to Arizona a few years ago, and I still hunt in Wisconsin. You can buy your license online and it ships directly to your home within a week. Quick and easy! Good Luck