Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
the rut is coming fast >

the rut is coming fast

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

the rut is coming fast

Old 10-09-2009, 02:33 PM
Typical Buck

Default the rut is coming fast

Saw ten scrapes today, all fresh, with rubs on the outside of my food plots and field edges. Also got a pic of a very large 8 point with a swollen neck on my trail camera. I have also seen young bucks cruising (by them selves) the ridges on our farm. I haven't seen a doe in the last 4 times out hunting. I have never seen bucks act like this-this early. Has anyone else noticed this???
Old 10-09-2009, 03:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

same here in New Jersey, and just got a call from my friend in Illinois who took a walk in the area of the farm I hunt, he told me he never saw so many rubs and very, very large rubs. Last year I saw 9 shooters ranging from 130"-180"
Old 10-09-2009, 03:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ive been seeing scrapes and rubs up here in Northern Illinois for the last two weeks. I also was thinking this seems pretty early for me. Don't know if its the cold weather or what. No place for me to hunt in Illinois this year, only Michigan (Home of "Its brown, it's down." Well at least my area) so Im hopeing the rut isn't coming early. Well see, you never know. All the runs and scrapes Ive seen haven't been too big even know I know there are some monsters around here. Im hoping there just starting to warm up for "The main event"!
Old 10-10-2009, 05:58 AM
Fork Horn

I hope they calm down a little and wait for full blown rut in early November.
Old 10-15-2009, 03:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

Just finding scrapes now in Clark county. Seeing a few small bucks running around by themselves but nothing swelling yet. Were still a good 3-4 weeks out yet before a good full blown rut.
Old 10-18-2009, 06:11 AM
Spike

Minimal Rut type activity at this point in central portion of Michigan. Starting to see some nice scrapes and some small bucks running does for a few seconds but nothing serious. Another week and things will start heating up. The big boys remain noctornal after some early season hunting pressure.
Old 10-18-2009, 07:33 AM
Fork Horn

Last week my daughter shot a nice 8 point during the youth hunt. The neck was already swollen. The taxidermist was surprised the neck was that thick this early. The buck was shot in Osseo,WI
Old 10-18-2009, 11:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

My areas are being TORN up bigtime. Scrapes are being hit very hard this last week, rubs and scrapes are everywhere, I've also called in a few small bucks. I have see a few Does one group with a buck following! Gonna be real good here very shortly!
Old 10-18-2009, 04:13 PM
Typical Buck

Found several scrapes this weekend. I think the cooler than normal temps here in IN has bucks really moving. I saw a 140" 3 1/2 year old this weekend that's neck was really swelled. Just stayed slightly outside my comfy range for a bow.

Last edited by EndeavorShooter; 10-19-2009 at 04:04 PM.
Old 10-19-2009, 07:09 AM
Spike

Hey guys,

I hunt southern IL. Havent seen a whole lot of activity yet. A few small scrapes but very little buck movement although this past week I did an evening hunt and had 3 small bucks together pass by my blind. I figure they should start splitting up from their bachelor groups pretty soon. Lots of does this year at our place.

Good luck,

79 bronco

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.