Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Kansas deer story with pics....... >

Kansas deer story with pics.......

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Kansas deer story with pics.......

Old 10-05-2009, 06:17 AM
Spike

Default Kansas deer story with pics.......

(((Also posted in the deer hunting section of this forum)))

I am new here but wanted to share my story.....I have really enjoyed reading things on this forum for the last few weeks!

Here goes........Rusty and I were tested to the max this week on our Kansas Muzzleloader hunt. 3 days out of 5 with 40+mph winds will drive you flippin nuts......

We only saw 4 bucks in 5 days while on stand! Its just a good thing 2 of the 4 were big and in range!

We had fun and saw lots of does......possibly over 100!

I shot my buck at 4 yards inside a homemeade ground blind with my Savage ML. It dropped in its tracks. I got mine at 6:50 PM after the wind strated to lay down Friday evening. It was too close of for comfort in that brushy area with every deer coming by at 4 to 10yards! The deer kept trying to eat the leaves off the blind while I sat inside!

My buck is 7.5 inches at the bases, 17.5 wide, and has 8.5 and 9 inch eye guards! It field dressed at 225.

Rusty's buck was 19 inches inside and already had 4 or 5 broken tines. He shot it a 10 yards in a creek bottom with a Ruger ML movin along very fast around 7:20 in the mornin. It wend around 100 yards and kinda scared us because there was not much blood! His field dressed at around 240.

On our trip, we saw some mega rubs, a few early scrapes and tracks everywhere we looked. All the bucks were in super thick cover.

Old 10-10-2009, 07:43 PM
Fork Horn

Nice pair of bucks! Congrats to the both of you.
Old 10-10-2009, 08:39 PM
Spike

Nice bucks guys! The tall and skinny one is a cool looking buck for sure. Was that around central kansas? I get to hunt eastern and western kansas, but hear the south central part of the state has great potential.