Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

WI deer season

Old 09-23-2009, 07:47 AM
Fork Horn

Default WI deer season

im looking forward to this ceming season (even thougt there is two months) last year i got a good size doe and i want to get a buck good luck to all of you Wi deer hunters
Old 09-23-2009, 07:09 PM
Fork Horn

Me too. Same to you.
Old 09-28-2009, 01:14 PM
Dominant Buck

I hate to be a sour apple about the upcoming deer season. I have let a person bear hunt my property. He's a good kid, and does things for me once in a while. Since my knee surgery, I have not been able to get around to scout the property. So the deal was, he could hunt my land, but he had to scout deer sign as well.

I talked to him the other day because he stopped coming over. He told me he baited bear, and last he checked, the bait was still there. He was baiting corn and apples. Now that kind of surprised me. I asked him what he saw for deer sign and he laughed and suggested I come hunt his property. He never found a scrape, or rub, and he even said the large trails don't look all that used. By this time of the year, they ones in the marsh are usually wallow trails because of heavy traffic. Where did all the deer go? DNR said there a plenty of deer out here. Maybe they miss counted again, or used the wrong formula.

He did see a nice flock of turkey (which I knew about). With his report, I am seriously thinking of taking the season off. I am not the only one considering this. I vowed I was going to not hunt, and now it looks like it might be the best idea. Or I could go hunt southern Wisconsin. But I might run into CWD down there.
Old 09-28-2009, 03:35 PM
Spike

Default deer hunting

Was at the rifle range and got three shots in a one inch bulls eye at 100 yards.

Should be good because i was a sniper trainer in the Navy

Deer hunt in Daggett, Michigan and just love it

Also, hunt in Coleman, Wisconsin and it is like a shooting gallery with all the corn fed deer.

Just love deer hunting
Old 09-28-2009, 09:27 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by cayugad
I hate to be a sour apple about the upcoming deer season. I have let a person bear hunt my property. He's a good kid, and does things for me once in a while. Since my knee surgery, I have not been able to get around to scout the property. So the deal was, he could hunt my land, but he had to scout deer sign as well.

I talked to him the other day because he stopped coming over. He told me he baited bear, and last he checked, the bait was still there. He was baiting corn and apples. Now that kind of surprised me. I asked him what he saw for deer sign and he laughed and suggested I come hunt his property. He never found a scrape, or rub, and he even said the large trails don't look all that used. By this time of the year, they ones in the marsh are usually wallow trails because of heavy traffic. Where did all the deer go? DNR said there a plenty of deer out here. Maybe they miss counted again, or used the wrong formula.

He did see a nice flock of turkey (which I knew about). With his report, I am seriously thinking of taking the season off. I am not the only one considering this. I vowed I was going to not hunt, and now it looks like it might be the best idea. Or I could go hunt southern Wisconsin. But I might run into CWD down there.