Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Michigan early doe season... >

Michigan early doe season...

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Michigan early doe season...

Old 09-14-2009, 10:36 AM
Fork Horn

Default Michigan early doe season...

Does anyone know which lower penninsula DMUs are included in this early season hunt? Just learned of this the other day and haven't been able to find any info on the designated areas.

How do people feel about this early season hunt? Think it will lead to a higher harvest, as is the goal, or will it make'em more skidish and have the opposite effect?

As I'm prodominately a bowhunter I have mixed feelings. I think it will decrease the activity during first few weeks of bow season, though I don't beleive many would take part in this early season if it's in my area. Let's hear what you think!
Old 09-19-2009, 03:48 PM
Fork Horn

Check the DNR website, it should have a map of all the counties that are included in this hunt.

Heard lots of shots the past couple of days in Saginaw county, so there are people hunting here. Some people may be using bow or crossbow, so you wouldn't even hear them going off, so there are more shots than what can be heard.

I think it will knock down the herd a bit and it wil also make the deer a little skiddish. I just hope that nobody illegally takes a buck during this time. We had this hunt last year and the bowhunting seemed normal. Next weekend is the youth and disabled hunt, so thats going to make them even more skiddish. A lof of giants will be shot then, but they can't get 'em all. Where do you hunt?
Old 09-20-2009, 08:20 AM
Spike

in alpena county in northern lower mi is opened on thursday last week.
Old 09-22-2009, 07:41 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by BrentH243
IWhere do you hunt?
I'm in Clinton County, southwest of St. Johns. How about you?

Went out and sat a few hours Sunday and barely heard any shooting. We'll see how it goes, shouldn't affect the bow season in my area too much.