Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Opportunity for Deer Hunters in Ohio >

Opportunity for Deer Hunters in Ohio

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Opportunity for Deer Hunters in Ohio

Old 09-01-2009, 07:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Opportunity for Deer Hunters in Ohio

Was listening to an early morning hunting show on the radio last week. They said that there is a new program in Ohio called hunt Ohio landowners (or something like that). It is a pilot program in four counties where hunters can apply and be paired up with a farmer who needs deer thinned out on his property. Sounded like a good opportunity for people who need a place to hunt. Think that even out of state hunters can apply, but am not sure. Would think there will be information on it on the Ohio DNR site.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:02 PM
byg
Spike

I signed up, it is actually called "huntohiofarms". I have not had any luck yet,but I live a good ways from the counties involved. Hope it catches on and expands
Old 09-03-2009, 07:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great concept but PA. has had the same type of program in place for years and very few land owners have taken part in the program and the properties enrolled get over run by hunters. In my opinion it would be better investing your time scouting and hunting public land because public land will have less hunting preasure and no deer being killed for crop damage. Pike