Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
WI-Bowhunters-Kettle Moraine State Forest >

WI-Bowhunters-Kettle Moraine State Forest

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

WI-Bowhunters-Kettle Moraine State Forest

Old 08-27-2009, 07:26 PM
Spike

Default WI-Bowhunters-Kettle Moraine State Forest

First year hunting WI as I only moved here a couple of months ago. Looking to see if anyone has hunted at the Loew Lake Unit of Kettle Moraine State Forest and might have some advice about the area.

I took a trip out last weekend with my 7mos old Lab to check out the area. I'm going back again this weekend without him as I can do more scouting without him.

thanks for any help/advice.

Last edited by George21; 08-28-2009 at 02:48 PM. Reason: correcting title
Old 08-28-2009, 06:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've never hunted the area, but you do need a Park Access Permit to hunt the park and believe they are sold out now.

If you do have one, good luck!
Old 08-28-2009, 07:43 PM
Spike

I believe you only need a State Park Sticker to bow hunt this unit. A park access permit is required only for the muzzleloader season. Part of the reason why I started looking at this location to bowhunt plus its not to far from milwaukee.

thanks for the information and i will double check the rule book to make sure I didn't mis-read the permit requirement.
Old 08-31-2009, 10:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

IMO.... Not that big of an area, its gets hunted pretty hard! If I were you, I'd go a bit further to the North or even to the South Kettles, thats what I do!
Old 09-05-2009, 05:49 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by lrhuntr View Post
I've never hunted the area, but you do need a Park Access Permit to hunt the park and believe they are sold out now.

If you do have one, good luck!
This will be my second season hunting here and i know you only need a park access permit for muzzleloader season. My suggestion is to find a area that most guys wouldn't put the effert into hunting. Last year i had to many people walk through while i was hunting so I am changing my tatics a little. Good luck.
Old 09-08-2009, 07:07 PM
Spike

BowHuntingFool thanks for your suggestion. I will have to look into some of the surrounding areas.
Old 09-08-2009, 07:08 PM
Spike

Goatman6- thanks for the information. Do you bowhunt this location or muzzleload or both?
Old 09-11-2009, 05:39 PM
Spike

Just bow hunt, can't wait for tomorrow