Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Any Missouri hunters here? >

Any Missouri hunters here?

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Any Missouri hunters here?

Old 08-28-2009, 07:01 PM
Spike

I live on the exstreme northern border, like less than 10 miles from the IA border. Public land is prolly the easiest to get into. Around here ALOT of land is leased to hunting club. Or is owned by hog company, and they only allow employees to hunt, or cattle leasers. You do find some farmers that will allow people to hunt but finding a house that goes to the field/acreage you are interested in can get rough. even with a plat book. Especially if you contact someone, close relative/friend of actual owner. Like I checked up on some land just bordering mine. Found out taht the man who owned it passed away. His wife took possesion, he boys kinda farm it, parts anyway. I never got to talk to the owner, the son I talked to told me they didn't even own land near here. The last season I see the 2 brothers drive across the field kick up a deer, open door and shoot it. 5 yds from the truck, still standing in the open door.

But around here most people don't hunt, they drive (A truck)in the fields and shoot never getting 20 feet from their truck. So the wooded areas ARE loaded. Problem is getting to those woods cuz half the "hunters" are too. (sigh)
Old 08-31-2009, 01:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Pale - I'm not far from you. Shoot me a pm with your contact info & I'll be glad to do what I can to help out. Plenty of ground to get on to bow hunt around here w/o much traffic, come rifle season you'll find it gets pretty crowded on state land though.
Old 09-06-2009, 06:41 PM
Typical Buck

Hey Pale. I live in South County. I know of lots of public places to hunt around the St. Louis area. Send me a pm and we'll chat. I think I can help you out.

Spudrow from Mo
Old 09-07-2009, 06:51 AM
Typical Buck

Another thing you may consider is using a plat map to find out who owns some land that looks promising. Once you find their name on the plat map, you can use whitepages.com to find their phone# and call them. It may be quicker and easier than trying to figure out who owns the land by where their farmhouse is located. My fam owns 1800+ acres in NE MO (just east of atlanta) and my great-aunt (who manages the land) lives south of there in Macon nowhere near our land so you would never know who owns it by just looking for farmhouses. Anyway, here is a link to where you can find a large number of plat maps for MO:

http://digital.library.umsystem.edu/...e-idx?c=platic

Hope this helps,
Sean

Last edited by MO-KS_hunter; 09-07-2009 at 07:38 AM.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:33 AM
Fork Horn

check out corp of engineers access point, some have hunting on them