Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Morels

Old 05-05-2003, 09:04 AM
nub

Default Morels

Its getting close. I found more shrooms than ticks this morning.
Old 05-05-2003, 09:40 AM

Default RE: Morels

yeah my parents have been out in force looking. with all the rain last night i think my parents should find some tomight. i tell you though i hate all kinds of mushrooms. if i find any i just give em to my parents. the things are terrible
Old 05-05-2003, 09:53 AM
JRW
Nontypical Buck

I was shooting a 3D Saturday. While we were pulling arrows out of a target, the guy I was shooting with spotted a big patch of morrels only a few feet away. We couldn' t figure out how so many people walked right by and missed them.
Old 05-05-2003, 06:53 PM

Nub did you really find some or are you pulling my leg. I was out sunday and checked some of my honey holes and nothing, the may apples are hardly even out of the ground.I was thinking we are at least a week behind.
Old 05-05-2003, 08:19 PM
nub

I' m not pulling your leg pal. I only found 4 little grays and 2 ticks. They were real small so I left them to grow. The shrooms, not the ticks. They were right on the edge where the woods meets the field. If I wouldn' t have been relieving some coffee next to a dead Elm, I never would have noticed them. I' ll be back in that spot Weds. morning waiting on a longbeard to go with those shrooms. [:-]
Old 05-05-2003, 10:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I FOUND AROND 70 THIS WEEKEND ON FRIDAY AND SATURDAY SOME REALLY NICE ONES NOT MANY SMALL ONES YELLOWS MOSTLY
Old 05-06-2003, 01:38 PM

hell yeah i got morels....i never fool around with my buddies old ladies....
Old 05-06-2003, 01:45 PM

I was in OH with VC last week and the group camped across from us hunted Turkeys to noon (end of shooting hours) and picked mushrooms in the afternoon.
The four guys picked 1200 mushroms in about 4 afternoons. All morels. All on public land and most of them very large.
The lilac were just blooming and the aspen/poplars just let loose with the cotton.
I figure that time climate wise is about Mothers day and the week following here in WI.
Old 05-08-2003, 02:16 PM

There out in northern IN got 30 nice big grays and a few yellows on Monday werre they good been waiting a long time. going out tomarrow again. biggest grays I have gotten i years the yellows were good size to. It is that time of year
Old 05-08-2003, 05:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

i picked about 2 1/2 to 3 pounds this afternoon

Quick Reply: Morels

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.