Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 IL Draw Results >

IL Draw Results

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

IL Draw Results

Old 06-17-2009, 12:32 PM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

Default IL Draw Results

Illinois 1st lottery firearm deer draw results are posted.

I drew a primo full season public landpermit, plus a primo muzzleloader permit. Both were my 1st choices! Wow I feel lucky. Nothing last year.

Anyone else draw?
Old 06-17-2009, 12:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: IL Draw Results

I drew the special "screw paying 150 bucks for non-residentfees to hunt on my own land" permit.[:@]
Old 06-17-2009, 01:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Lanse couche couche

I drew the special "screw paying 150 bucks for non-residentfees to hunt on my own land" permit.[:@]
Lol!! That may be the only thing that I like about IN. regs. If you own land in IN. and live out of state you still get resident tags.
Old 06-17-2009, 01:41 PM
Spike

I git the Spoon River State Park 1st season...I saw a couple of monsters there last year.....Told the family already this will be an all day in the woods till i get something!!!! WWWWOOOOO
Old 06-17-2009, 02:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

JEPC full season....the bad thing is the rest of the group is thinking of pulling out due to nobody working.[:@]
Old 06-17-2009, 03:26 PM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

Lifesadrag,

I drew that tag in 2007 and took a pretty decent buck (attached).

His tines are short, but he has good main beam length, mass and width.

You should do well.

I will be hunting just northwest on the other side of the River, Schuyler County. Will be camping at Rushville.

Old 06-17-2009, 03:32 PM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

Another view.

Old 06-17-2009, 04:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yea Zim I remember, don't know if you remember, we met you in the parking lot at the inn and saw your buck. Nice deer!
Old 06-18-2009, 06:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

My son and I got ourfull season Pope and I got my muzzleloader for the weekend after the second season.
Old 06-18-2009, 07:22 AM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

Lifesadrag,

Yes, I definitely remember.

The season is a few days later than that year's Nov. 16, 17, 18.The bucks were on fire then. I am hoping the rut will be still pretty hotthe 20th. I know other times I've hunted ittapers down quickly.

Have you bowhunted JEPC frequently so you know the place? I am glad to lend some opinions onsome spots you might try. My e-mail is [email protected].

By the way, the reason I did not apply for JEPC this year was I failed to draw there last year, and my hunting buddy failed in 9 consecutive years applyuing there. I know ILDNR does not publish the draw odds, but they have to be very poor. I decided to try this other property that receives less publicity, and drew, so I am eager to try. I scouted it last year and the rubs were pretty impressive, like JEPC used to be 15 years ago.

You got a great tag. Forgot to mention.JEPC was my 1st choice for the muzzleloader season and I did draw. However, I really doubt I will get to use that tag as I expect to tag out in Schuyler during the gun. But who knows? Nice insurance. Wish I had it last year when I failed to kill.

Ken

Quick Reply: IL Draw Results

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.