Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 cagell mills south of indy >

cagell mills south of indy

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

cagell mills south of indy

Old 05-26-2009, 02:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default cagell mills south of indy

I was wondering if any of you guys from indiana know anything about indiana's cagell's mills lake and SRA It is south of indy by cloverdale. I just moved here and am wondering if any of you know of a good area to hunt here
Old 05-26-2009, 05:46 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: cagell mills south of indy

Never hunted their but it is a great fishing hole. I have hunted just south of there at the owen- putnam state forest in Cuba, IN. If you know the right spots it is a great place to hunt. I did mostly squirrel hunt but, seen plenty of deer and deer signs while hunting.
Old 05-29-2009, 07:05 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: cagell mills south of indy

I have hunted and fished there several times.Havent got one yet (came close though) Good fishing in the creek too (good red ear fishing) Last year water was really high (ROADS FLOODED) Would be glad to tell or show you some good spots.Ill have to dig out the map.Cant rembember the names of the roads.Tell you a story though (a true one) About 3 years ago me and my huntin buddy Rick went bushy tail hunting down there (.22 rifles) anyway he took one side of the road and i took the other.While he was hunting he found a GOOD rub (this was one week bebore bow season)when he came out he put a paper cup on the fence post so he would know where he went in at.First day of deer season I had to work so he took a vacation day off.Went in just before daylight.15 min. after daylight he shoot a BIG eight pointer.Ran about 100 yards an dropped.Took him the rest of the day to drag him out (said it liked to killed him) He brought it by the house that night.Said now thats skill.I told him no that was real LUCK.Anyway its on his wall now. Be talkin to ya Lightfoot52 from Indianapolis e-mail: [email protected]