Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Stolen Deer Stand >

Stolen Deer Stand

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Stolen Deer Stand

Old 04-26-2009, 06:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Stolen Deer Stand

ORIGINAL: salukipv1

Maybe they have it already, or maybe I'm giving away an invention here, but can they not develop a gps beacon etc...along with a gps unit that you could stick to your stand etc... and when they move they'll have a signal you could track with a gps unit etc...?

Something the size of a watch battery etc...or like a dime you could stick inside some square tubing etc...

Then call the police and track down where your stands went...

I'm absolutely sure it could be done. It would be like LoJack on vehicles. The only issue is that the electronics would mort likely cost more than the stand itself.

I would be really intrested in seeing some stand thieves caught on video or pics.

Old 05-05-2009, 05:00 AM
Spike

I had just the ladder of my ladder stand stolen by my neighbor because he thought i was hunting on his property when i wasn't.... now he won't give it back he could only steal the ladder because the top had 2 cable locks on it.... and it just really pisses me off people who steal stuff like that because now that stand all i can use it for is a stand to put in the yard and shoot out of because it is only 5 feet tall.....[]
Old 05-16-2009, 04:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

they got me last season i wondered what i would do when i ran into them again as i knew what they looked like and there truck. But i moved 60 miles so will not have to worry about them. I had planned to by two new ladder stands but am going to wait untill have i get surgery and get down to a good weight for a climber
Old 05-17-2009, 05:42 AM
Typical Buck

hopefully the SOB that stole it uses it,,,and when he least expects it,,,it breaks!!!! while his ass is planted firmly in the seat!