Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

New hunt mag

Old 04-19-2009, 07:24 PM

Default New hunt mag

Hello to all you great outdoors people out there,

I am on here to ask all of you a few important questions. I have read enough opinion from all of you on the demise of the magazine “Big Game Adventures”, but I am also getting the impression that the majority of you loved the premise of this periodical (as have I). What I am wondering is:

[ol][*]
Would you support and enjoy a similar magazine if it came on the market?[*]
Is there room for this magazine on the store shelves or is this market flooded already?[*]
What would you like to see and read in this new magazine?
[/ol]

I spent my childhood reading about Selous and Bartle Bull hunting elephant in darkest Africa and grew up admiring Carl Runguis' artwork and dreaming of taking the sheep he painted (from a specimin stuffed with straw and hanging off ropes LOL). I have dreamt about that monster striped marlin off Costa Rica and peacock bass fishing in the Amazon. My magazines of choice tell of adventures that I can dream about and plan to go on, as upposed to a how-to manual or catalogue. There are enough of those, and if I need that, there are some wonderful reads out there for me. I always look forward to getting the new issue of “Sporting Classics”and did enjoy BGA when it was out there. These are a representation of a new magazine I am about to launch and I need your opinion on this venture.

Thank you and I look forward to reading your response.

ScooterB