Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Ready to trade the old bow in. >

Ready to trade the old bow in.

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Ready to trade the old bow in.

Old 04-28-2003, 11:08 AM

Default Ready to trade the old bow in.

Over the next couple of weeks I plan on trading my current bow which is a Bear for possible a PSE, Hoyt or Parker.
I' m right handed but have to shoot left handed. Not a lot of strength in my left arm and need a lot of lead off.
I know I want a longer bow. My Bear is short and I have difficulty pulling and holding at full draw in cold weather.
(draw length 29, 50#)
Anyone out there with similiar problem? Any suggestions?

Old 04-28-2003, 03:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Ready to trade the old bow in.

Huntress1007; I can tell you that there is a release that has been a great asset for me, I had surgery on my right wrist a few years ago and had since been unable to use a wrist strap type release because it would pull on the wrist and I didnt have a lot of strength in the operated on wrist. I bought a Winn Free Flight Glove release. This release advertises that it makes you feel like you are pulling back less weight than you really are and I swear it is true. I pulled back my Parker Ultra Lite 31 with the True-Ball King George Extreme release and then pulled it back with the Winn Free Flight Glove release and the difference in feeling of weight being pulled is very, very noticable. This might be something that could help you. Im sorry I cant recomend any bows for you since I tend to lean towards the shorter axle to axle bows. Good luck bow shopping I hope you find a bow that is just right for you.
Old 04-29-2003, 07:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

You might want to post this question in the tech or bowhunting forums here, you might get alot more feed back to your question in those forums.
Old 04-30-2003, 02:00 PM

Thanks Lady Forge for sharing information about the glove. I heard about the glove last year but never checked into it. I will now!