Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Cheesehead/Midwest Gathering! >

Cheesehead/Midwest Gathering!

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Cheesehead/Midwest Gathering!

Old 04-26-2003, 09:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Cheesehead/Midwest Gathering!

I was wondering if there has ever been a Cheesehead/Midwest gathering? It seems like there are alot of us around here and we should get together and do some shootin or BBQ! Maybe some sort of pre-season thingy to get ready for the season! Or even some sort of Hunt! Any ideas? I' m in anyone else?[:-]
Old 04-26-2003, 03:52 PM

Default RE: Cheesehead/Midwest Gathering!

Actually there have been a couple.
Last year there was a get together at the Deer and Turkey Expo in Madison and later in the year Static had a get together at his house.
The D&T Expo had a showing of maybe 8 or ten people, some of whom stayed for a few drinks and food after the expo.
The barBQ at static was small, 6 of us counting wives.
The have been others at Archery shoots and the like.
If you' re going to plan something post a couple of options on dates and locations before you finalize it and get a count of which date or place will work best.
If it' s close enough I' ll come.
I suggest maybe at a Bow shoot at some club. They usually have food and drinks for sale and there is something for everybody to do in comman if they bow hunt. Maybe the non bow hunters could get some exposure to the sport.
At a lot of these they even have camping for anyone who would have to travel.
If you belong to WI Bow Hunters the current publication has a ton of bow shoots listed for the entire year.
If not stop by Whiffen Archery and they have some shots listed on the BB.

Just a thought.
Im heading down to Ohio to bowhunt for Turkey with VC1111.
See you in a week
Old 04-28-2003, 01:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

If its only a maximum of a 2 hour drive, I would consider going !!! Better yet, make it in Milwaukee !!!!!
Old 04-28-2003, 03:33 PM
nub

I' ll be haveing Littleal, Littlemike, bigE, and littleE over on Fathers Day again this year. The E' s are from Reedsburg and the Littles are from Ontario. We grilled Moose last year, but I failed to tag one last fall so I' m not sure what we' ll grill this year. We do the 3D shoot at my club in Sauk, then head to the farm for the Q and a friendly 3D shoot. Plenty of room out here if you' d like to come. Bring your own beer tho.

If someone comes up with something fairly close, I' d show. But I' m not cookin![:-]