Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 New IL Gov. removes Natural Resources... >

New IL Gov. removes Natural Resources...

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

New IL Gov. removes Natural Resources...

Old 02-06-2009, 09:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default New IL Gov. removes Natural Resources...

As we all know, before Blaggo was removed, he appointedone of his friends as the Head ofThe Natural Resources.....our new Gov. Quinnfired him and appointed a sportsman, someone who actually hunts and fishes.... And he is already improving our state (read story below)

SPRINGFIELD — Seven state parks shuttered under the Blagojevich administration will reopen "as soon as possible," Gov. Pat Quinn's pick to lead the Illinois Department of Natural Resources said Thursday.

The appointment of Marc Miller, a senior aide to Quinn when he was lieutenant governor, came one day after the new governor fired former Rep. Kurt Granberg (D-Carlyle). Then-Gov. Rod Blagojevich had given Granberg the job a few weeks ago after Blagojevich's Dec. 9 arrest but before his removal from office late last month.

Quinn said he hoped Granberg does not receive a major pension increase because of his brief time at the agency. State pension officials have said the matter is under review.

Quinn said he wanted a "natural resource professional" to oversee state parks."I saw firsthand in my last five years how dedicated Marc is to clean water, open space, clean air and protecting the opportunity of people to have an outdoors that's really special," Quinn said.

[/align]
Miller, 39, of Springfield still has to be confirmed by the Senate.

Also Thursday, Quinn signed a bill to restore more than $9 million in environmental funding that Blagojevich had cut. That move will prevent Illinois from losing an additional $15 million in federal wildlife funding, a Quinn spokesman said.

[/align]
Old 02-06-2009, 12:23 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: New IL Gov. removes Natural Resources...

Thats good to hear! I hope Quinn can straighten some things out, what little I know of him he seems like a decent guy. I hope they re-open castle rock for hunting next year!
Old 02-06-2009, 12:41 PM
Spike

Good news...
Old 02-06-2009, 01:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's a step in the right direction.......sounds like that Granberg is going to make out for a few days work![:@]
Old 02-06-2009, 08:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

With this my hat is off to Gov. Quinn. Now to get rid of Flood's kid who rode Daddy's coat tail, too!
Old 02-06-2009, 08:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

The 9 million of federal money that Blowgo "misappropraited" (STOLE) should not be forgotten. Blowgo should have to answer to the feds for that and I hope it lands his sorry butt in a federal penn.

And now, now Blowgo is just an ordinary citizen. No ISP security detail. A little Beechnut would look good in his eye I say.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dennis,

Good to see you post. I was starting to get worried about you.

So far I like what Gov. Quinn has done thus far. This is the best thing to happen to our DNR in a long time. This guy is from a small town, (Mattoon) and is truely a sportsman. I can promise you that the golf trail in So. IL. is not on the top of his list. Of course, if you visit the Prairie State Outdoors website you will find a bunch of grown men crying because they think that Quinn should've appointed the Turkey Shoot champion at their local gun club. I think we are about to see this state turn around and not just in the DNR sense.
Old 02-07-2009, 10:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

I think most everyone knows or strongly suspects.............Blowgo has some serious mental issues.

Somehow or another he got himself slid into office and it makes one wonder if "mental issues" aren't some sort of trait these politicians have.

Blowgo is basically a pathological liar. Even after a slam dunk impeachment he continues to try to convince anyone he thinks is listening that he has done absolutely nothing wrong. He has done everything on the up and up, all legally. (YEah like the DNR funds????) Like a pathological liar he is actually convinced that he is right and his angle is true. He totes that everything he has done (that he was impeached for?) is for the good of the people of Illinois. He likes to repeatedly point out that the people of Illinois voted him into office. Well I have some shocking news Blower, the people of the state of Illinois voted the folks into office WHO IMPEACHED YOU UNANIMOUSLY.

Now to what I think will be the bitter end. He is a pathological liar. He does have other mental issues. He has an immeasurable ego. When this fairy tale bubble he is living in pops. Right around the time everyone like Tony Resko and others appear in the courtroom and get on the witness stand is when he will experience a new reality.

Myself I have a very strong suspicion that when he is faced with makingfacing the fact that his little fantasy story is going to pop and he will be thrown into the real world he will not be able to deal with it. Heck he is potentially facing spending the rest of his life in prison if convicted on even half of the things.

And like the spineless mealy-mouthed worm he is he'll eat a bullet.

And of course he will do it for "the people of the state of Illinois who elected him".