Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 IL boys-I need some help >

IL boys-I need some help

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

IL boys-I need some help

Old 01-21-2009, 10:58 AM
Spike

Default IL boys-I need some help

Not really hunting related at all but I could use a hand. I'm a wildlife biology student in northern MN and was just offered a summer internship at the Willowbrook wildlife Center in Wheaton IL. From what I gather it's 20 some miles west of Chicago. Do any of you by chance know of affordable housing in the area...someplace that would rent by the month or possible for 3 months during the summer (furnished would be prime)? It's a pretty sweet gig but housing might be my only road block. pointing me in any direction would be greatly appreciated! Thanks guys.
Old 01-21-2009, 09:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: IL boys-I need some help

You could just squat here and there in any of the hundreds and hundreds of houses that are now foreclosed on and empty in the area.

Seriously I'll check some of the local papers for ya. I'm not far from Wheaton at all.
Old 01-21-2009, 11:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck! Don't want to be a Debbie Downer, but housing is outragous in the 'burbs. I have a lady friend in Naperville who pays $1300 a month for a 2 bedroom apartment. I'm sure Wheaton is a little cheaper than "my nose is stuck up in the air" Naperville though.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: 2 Lunger

Good luck! Don't want to be a Debbie Downer, but housing is outragous in the 'burbs. I have a lady friend in Naperville who pays $1300 a month for a 2 bedroom apartment. I'm sure Wheaton is a little cheaper than "my nose is stuck up in the air" Naperville though.
Got the nose thing right about Naperville! I always get a laugh when someone is trying to boast (obviously) about how they have moved to Naperville. Its funny cause people will actually say "Naperville" withthe nasal flair that arrogantly tips their heads slightly back. Seen it plenty.

I mover out of Naperville myself - twice - and alot of it had to do with that very thing.
Old 01-22-2009, 10:02 PM
Spike

Man you guys aren't kidding. Not a real friendly area for poor college kids. I appreciate the responses though. I have a lot of time to figure it out but it sure looks bleak...
Old 01-22-2009, 10:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bemidjihunter

Man you guys aren't kidding. Not a real friendly area for poor college kids. I appreciate the responses though. I have a lot of time to figure it out but it sure looks bleak...
There are some smaller communities around there that us "normal" folk could afford. It's just seems that up there everyone thinks they have to impress when they don't realize they are living in the armpit of America. Sorry, that's just my opinoin. Get yourself a map and check out the smaller towns.

Had to edit my post because I forgot some valuable information. If you do move down there be sure that when you drink you tea from a tea cup to hold you pinky finger out. This will impress the natives of the "city."
Old 01-23-2009, 06:51 AM
Typical Buck

Ambassador Monthly Suites [/align](630) 629-8401[/align]1250 Old Bond Court Glen Ellyn, IL 60137[/align][/align]Extended StayAmerica Chicago - Downers Grove
*Now with Signature Suites*
3150 Finley Rd.
Downers Grove, IL 60515
Telephone: (630) 810-4124
[/align]A couple of options in the area[/align]
Old 01-23-2009, 07:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

There's is a college in Wheaton, ie Wheaton college, I'm sure you can find something possibly checkout their website and find a housing link or something.
Old 01-24-2009, 11:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

And there is COD (College of DuPage). Smaller town next to Wheaton you might want to look around is Warrenville. And there's West Chicago over there too. I know you'll find lower dollar stuff over there and you can polish up your Spanish that's for sure.
Old 01-24-2009, 02:16 PM
Spike

Well thanks for all th help guys...I might just try and get in touch with some of those schools and see if I can't crash in some of their student housing for a few months. Now the more important question...and good 3-d leagues or ranges in the area?

Quick Reply: IL boys-I need some help

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.