Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Pre-rut in Ohio... >

Pre-rut in Ohio...

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Pre-rut in Ohio...

Old 10-21-2008, 06:56 PM
Typical Buck

Default Pre-rut in Ohio...

How's the pre rut going for all the Ohio hunters? My dad saw a nice 140 typical 10 pointer this past Friday. Didn't respond to any grunting yet, but he said the buck did look around after he grunted. They should be starting to go this week. Next day I'll be able to get in the woods is Thursday, and right now, it's supposed to be in the mid 30s and lite wind. I still can't wait for Sweet November!
Old 10-21-2008, 09:14 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Pre-rut in Ohio...

i havent been in the woods since the first 2 weeks of season, BUT im going this weekned and took monday off work (ill be hunting the 25.26.27) hope to get a shot at something. last year on the 28 i took my best buck ever, hopefully lighting strikes twice!
Old 10-22-2008, 08:02 AM
Typical Buck

I've seen one scrape, so I know the bucks are starting to feel their oats.
Old 10-22-2008, 05:51 PM
Fork Horn

Was Out saturday the 18th and had five bucks come into the grunt tube. None of them big enough to shoot but one heavy six point and two four points and a couple spikes. The four points locked up under my stand for a while and pushed and shoved for a bit but nothing to intense. When they went towards the six point he just layed his ears back and they ran from him. Was cool getting to watch them for about a half an hour play and push and make rubs. Think its just gonna be better this weekend seeing a lot of deer moving going to work and back.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:46 AM
Fork Horn

Saw two big bucks sparring in a field in Mahoning County this morning. Two subordenants standing near them.
Old 10-24-2008, 08:03 AM

Saw alot of deer moving about last week. No nice bucks, but lots of smaller ones and does.
Old 10-24-2008, 03:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was down in Wildcat Hollow. Saw some small runs and some scrape activity. Not real horny quite yet, they was moving this a.m. as the rain front was moving in...............still not cold enough.
Old 10-27-2008, 10:16 PM
Typical Buck

My dad called in a few this morning. No shooters though.Can't wait to go out this morning. Cold and rain mixed with snow and a little windy. I hate windy days. [:@]Then, supposed to turn to snow. Should be a good morning. Hopefully the bucks are on the move and I get a shot at a shooter.
Old 10-28-2008, 07:05 PM
Fork Horn

i went out this evening here in noble cty, didn't see anything, i think it was to windy down here, it was really whipping, i have seen some rut activity, mostly a few small scrapes. I'll be heading out again thursday evening and then won't get to hunt til saturday morning, i can't wait til november, i haven't seen much of anything in october so far
Old 10-29-2008, 04:54 PM
Typical Buck

Thursday morning looks to be good here. Supposed to be lite wind and pretty cold. Going to be rattleing, grutning, and snort wheezing tomorrow morning. Hopefully it's good on October 30th. Halloween always seems to be a good day. Last time I was able to hunt Halloween morning was in my first year of deer hunting when I was 13 back in 2001. Had a big and I mean BIG 6 point come past me, but I couldn't get a shot at him. He was about 3 feet behind me, and still didn't see more or wind me. (I was hunting on the ground believe it or not) My dad rattled in 6 bucks that day and even he couldn't get a shot at any of them. I couldn't believe him. Funny thing was none of the bucks fought. He said they were grunting at each other but none would fight lol. Guess they were looking for the bucks they thoughtwere fightinglol. Didn't know it was my dad lol. Anyway, hope it's a great morning. Going to the stand where I've killed my last 3 bucks out of including my biggest buck from 2004, and my double main beam buck from 2006. Killed my 1st buck from a ground blind my dad and I made with sticks about 60 yards away. So, I've killed all my bucks in about the same spot. One was just about 60 yards away.

Quick Reply: Pre-rut in Ohio...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.