Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Corn harvest in west central Illinois >

Corn harvest in west central Illinois

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Corn harvest in west central Illinois

Old 09-23-2008, 09:47 PM
Spike

Default RE: Corn harvest in west central Illinois

ORIGINAL: 2 Lunger

This will probably be the latest harvest IL. has had in quite a few years. It was a very wet spring and one of the latest planting seasons I've seen. Early season may be tough this year if you have a lot of corn around you.
That's what I'm afraid of. All the fields on my lease are in corn. It was planted May 1-5. I'm not sure how much later than normal that is. Anybody know?
Old 09-24-2008, 01:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GrandSlamHunter

ORIGINAL: 2 Lunger

This will probably be the latest harvest IL. has had in quite a few years. It was a very wet spring and one of the latest planting seasons I've seen. Early season may be tough this year if you have a lot of corn around you.
That's what I'm afraid of. All the fields on my lease are in corn. It was planted May 1-5. I'm not sure how much later than normal that is. Anybody know?
About 3-4 weeks late. I'm located in Southeast Central of the state and wehad several farmers who replanted up to three times. I think someof the corn didn't get out until the middle of May. I know I saw a lot of corn being planted during turkey season! The whole state was really behind this year. We also have to hope it doesn't rain much during harvest time. I think that will hurt us more than anything. I remember hunting when I was a kid and the corn was always still in thru most of October. We've just been lucky these last few years and the corn has been out sometimes before bow season even started. Hang in there and change your tactics if you have to.
Old 09-24-2008, 07:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

Our Brown County lease is usually cut during the first two weeks in October. Your Oct 11-14 dates are probably right on the bubble
Old 09-24-2008, 07:24 AM
Spike

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

Our Brown County lease is usually cut during the first two weeks in October. Your Oct 11-14 dates are probably right on the bubble
I think what 2 lunger is saying is that this is not a normal year. We better be prepared to hunt the draws and CRP edges this year until sometimes in November. At least there should still be corn on the ground on into the muzzleloader season.
Old 09-24-2008, 06:33 PM
Typical Buck

When you get lemons, make lemonaid. Hunt the edge in low light times, and if it's a windy day, stalk into the wind. You can get pretty close on a windy morning. I have done it some ,and have killed deer in the corn early season with the bow.
Old 09-25-2008, 08:26 PM
Spike

Peoria and Woodford Counties are starting the corn and bean harvest. Looks like it just depends on when they got in the fields in the spring.
Old 09-30-2008, 10:15 AM
Typical Buck

Grandslam and BHCOP... Our family owns 98 or so acres on the Mt.Sterling side of Cooperstown and 150 more down by the lagrange Lock and Dam. We lease it from my uncle for the outfitting buisiness. Alot of my family is from Mt.Sterling.When do you fellas come in to town?
Old 10-01-2008, 04:31 PM

Anyone heard anything about Cass county? Heading up to JEPC the first week of Nov.
Old 10-01-2008, 05:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll be there the evening of November 1st
Old 10-05-2008, 09:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

They are saying on our farm that the last of the corn will be out the 2nd week of Nov.

Quick Reply: Corn harvest in west central Illinois

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.