Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Well WI bowhunters? >

Well WI bowhunters?

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Well WI bowhunters?

Old 09-13-2008, 05:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Well WI bowhunters?

How did the 1st day go?
Old 09-13-2008, 08:57 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Well WI bowhunters?

I was hunting in a hurricane.... No deer sighted.
Old 09-13-2008, 10:18 PM
Typical Buck

Saw alot of does and fawns..........the buck i was after went the other way.............always tomorrow.
Old 09-14-2008, 09:52 AM
TJD
Fork Horn

I have to admit that I did not have Buckmastr's dedication. I saw the forecast for the monsoon of rain and decided to skip this weekend. Maybe next weekend will be better...
Old 09-15-2008, 06:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

doe and 2 fawns, crapy but fun, no more thermacell for me while bow hunting though.
Old 09-15-2008, 07:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

Went out in the rain. Saw several deer. Lots of does and fawns, 5 bucks total over the weekend, let at nice 10 pointer walk because of the rain.
Old 09-15-2008, 08:23 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: MarquetteMagnum

doe and 2 fawns, crapy but fun, no more thermacell for me while bow hunting though.
Why no thermacell?
Old 09-16-2008, 07:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sunday 8:00 a.m. Shot a doe to get my EAB tag. I was sitting in a deadfall that I've used for years with a SW wind. She bedded down 35 yards from me and gave me about a 10" window through some brush to slip a Slick Trick into her vitals. 40 yard dash and done.
Old 09-16-2008, 03:11 PM
Spike

Just to warm and early here in Oxford just a few doe but I just sat in the stand, just had another back surgery , But the kids and I went out shining and seen some dandies in are bean fields the one was a 4 year old the rest were 2 and 3 year olds . So I hope all the brown its down slaughter hounds from from the south leave them 2 and 3 year olds alone or if a kid gets one that would be ok . I wish we could get more of the outter towners to helpwith are management I tryed talking with them last year but kind upset them more but I guess thats the way it is . I wish every one good luck for bow and gun this year .
Old 09-17-2008, 10:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bill, I'm not too far away from you (near baraboo) and went on a caribou hunt earlier this year. The guys who we were in camp with were from IL and dedicated trophy hunters EXCEPT when they hunt in WI, then they said Brown is Down. "The DNR gives us a bunch of tags and we plan to fill them".

I say anyone from IL must be 1 doe only AND pay an extra surcharge for driving on our free roads.

Quick Reply: Well WI bowhunters?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.