HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Midwest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest-25/)
-   -   Well WI bowhunters? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest/262989-well-wi-bowhunters.html)

Centauri 09-13-2008 05:12 PM

Well WI bowhunters?

How did the 1st day go?

Bukmastr 09-13-2008 08:57 PM

RE: Well WI bowhunters?

I was hunting in a hurricane.... No deer sighted.

lungbuster12point06 09-13-2008 10:18 PM

Saw alot of does and fawns..........the buck i was after went the other way.............always tomorrow.

TJD 09-14-2008 09:52 AM

I have to admit that I did not have Buckmastr's dedication. I saw the forecast for the monsoon of rain and decided to skip this weekend. Maybe next weekend will be better...

MarquetteMagnum 09-15-2008 06:24 AM

doe and 2 fawns, crapy but fun, no more thermacell for me while bow hunting though.

wis_bow_huntr 09-15-2008 07:00 AM

Went out in the rain. Saw several deer. Lots of does and fawns, 5 bucks total over the weekend, let at nice 10 pointer walk because of the rain.

lungbuster12point06 09-15-2008 08:23 AM

ORIGINAL: MarquetteMagnum

doe and 2 fawns, crapy but fun, no more thermacell for me while bow hunting though.
Why no thermacell?

Handles 09-16-2008 07:22 AM

Sunday 8:00 a.m. Shot a doe to get my EAB tag. I was sitting in a deadfall that I've used for years with a SW wind. She bedded down 35 yards from me and gave me about a 10" window through some brush to slip a Slick Trick into her vitals. 40 yard dash and done.

Bill loves bowhunts 09-16-2008 03:11 PM

Just to warm and early here in Oxford just a few doe but I just sat in the stand, just had another back surgery , But the kids and I went out shining and seen some dandies in are bean fields the one was a 4 year old the rest were 2 and 3 year olds . So I hope all the brown its down slaughter hounds from from the south leave them 2 and 3 year olds alone or if a kid gets one that would be ok . I wish we could get more of the outter towners to helpwith are management I tryed talking with them last year but kind upset them more but I guess thats the way it is . I wish every one good luck for bow and gun this year .

Handles 09-17-2008 10:57 AM

Bill, I'm not too far away from you (near baraboo) and went on a caribou hunt earlier this year. The guys who we were in camp with were from IL and dedicated trophy hunters EXCEPT when they hunt in WI, then they said Brown is Down. "The DNR gives us a bunch of tags and we plan to fill them".

I say anyone from IL must be 1 doe only AND pay an extra surcharge for driving on our free roads.