Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Indiana Hunters >

Indiana Hunters

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Indiana Hunters

Old 09-14-2008, 09:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Indiana Hunters

Hey guys. southern Indiana here (pike county) waiting on Oct 1st. I have a couple stands up and ready, but will be hunting in Kentucky a little to.
Old 09-15-2008, 07:08 AM
Typical Buck

t
Old 09-15-2008, 11:22 AM
Spike

OK got the pic off the trail cam, only been out a couple of days and had quite a few does and fawns, only one buck but his head wasnt in the pic, but judging from his body size he is a big one. Reset the camera up the trail a bit hoping to produce some better shots. Will be back up north later to finish setting up another stand, removea tree that fell across our access lane and check the cam again!

Scott
Old 09-15-2008, 05:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Setup another stand today. My brother in-law and I carried the stand, ladder sections, straps, and all the extra's ½ mile acrossed flooded fields and thick corn fields. BUT, the spot is dynamite! We call it "Indian Country"...since it seems so untouched by development that you'd almost expect Indians to be roaming around in there.
Old 09-15-2008, 09:28 PM
Typical Buck

I have one of those places Pat.....Its a treasure to hold onto
Old 09-18-2008, 12:45 PM
Spike

I hunt in Sullivan Co, private land. Have not seen as many deer yet as I usually see by this time. But cold weather is on the way.
Old 09-18-2008, 03:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hopefully this pic works. This is the land that I just got recently in western Steuben County:

Red is our land

Yellow is CRP and/or acorns

Green are 4 wheeler trails

White marks are where the farmer's son used to have stands, and a few current stands off the property (outside of the red).

Nearly every field is corn around the place, except the small bean field directly to the north. "Indian Country" is in the SE part. It looks like a thin woods, but it's amazing back there. Tons of under-brush, thick weeds, and saplings. I'm pumped!

BTW, I hate visiting this site right now. Talking about hunting when it's less than 2 weeks away is evil.

Old 09-18-2008, 06:59 PM

Hey All,

I hunt in Daviess, Greene and Owen Counties and I am pumped for this year! I'm trying something new this year by not going out until the last week of Oct. and hunt mainly the rut. This will be my first year hunting as a "daddy"so I figure if I'm going to spend a lot of time in the stand it might as well be while the hunting is at its best. Also, it will be nice that all my spots will be fresh for when the bucks aren't thinking quite right. Best of luck to you all and God bless.
Old 09-20-2008, 07:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

The other day my release broke on me. It was an old Cobra...got it around '01 or so. It's taken a lot of abuse from me, anda lot of deer too. So I looked around at a few others at Gander Mountain. The only Tru-Ball's they had were with the belt-like wrist sling, which I 100% prefer the velcro strap system. I ended up buying a Tru-Fire. It was exactly like the Tru-Ball, but velcro. Fits my hand w/o any adjustments too.

I looked at a Scott Archery release, but it felt weird with the straight trigger. I like them to conform to my finger. That 1 detail made me choose otherwise.

I've heard some bad stuff on Tru-Fire, but so far so good!
Old 09-20-2008, 09:38 PM
Typical Buck

I like my Scott little goose.....I like both velco and buckle.....I switched to a buckle this year

Quick Reply: Indiana Hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.