Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 IL 2nd lotto results just posted.... >

IL 2nd lotto results just posted....

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

IL 2nd lotto results just posted....

Old 09-04-2008, 07:49 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: IL 2nd Season Tags just posted....

The random daily drawings begin on Sept 15th.You can apply now.They just draw from a pool of those who have submitted applications. If you submit early, that is your best chance, but you can apply until Nov 7th. To quote the regulations:

"Permits remaining after the lotteries are issued by random daily drawings until the county permit quotas are exhausted."
Old 09-04-2008, 09:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Doesn't look like many of the counties are full yet. I onlysee a few with 0's next to them. If you get in before the daily drawings in the middle of September and there are permits available in the county you are applying to, I think you will be in good shape.

I also got a quick question for you guys, never had to deal with this before. In the last month I recieved permission to hunt some property in Southern Illinois. My buddy, fearing that we wouldn't have any place to hunt applied for shot gun permits (and recieved them) for a county in Central Illinois back in April. The problem is, he has no where to Shotgun hunt in Central Illinois, kind of got them "Just in case" him and his father got a place to hunt. My question is, can he apply for permits in S. illinois and just eat the price of the old tags in Central Illinois? He doesn't need his in Central but he does want to go with me in Southern Illinois. Ive heard that as long as you only take one buck during all gun seasons you are fine to apply to another county. Anyone hear of that being true? Thanks Guys.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks guys, I just emailed him and told him to get this done ASAP
Old 09-04-2008, 10:42 AM
Kid
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: fastetti

Doesn't look like many of the counties are full yet. I onlysee a few with 0's next to them. If you get in before the daily drawings in the middle of September and there are permits available in the county you are applying to, I think you will be in good shape.

I also got a quick question for you guys, never had to deal with this before. In the last month I recieved permission to hunt some property in Southern Illinois. My buddy, fearing that we wouldn't have any place to hunt applied for shot gun permits (and recieved them) for a county in Central Illinois back in April. The problem is, he has no where to Shotgun hunt in Central Illinois, kind of got them "Just in case" him and his father got a place to hunt. My question is, can he apply for permits in S. illinois and just eat the price of the old tags in Central Illinois? He doesn't need his in Central but he does want to go with me in Southern Illinois. Ive heard that as long as you only take one buck during all gun seasons you are fine to apply to another county. Anyone hear of that being true? Thanks Guys.

Now that the random daily is the only lottery that is left, he can apply for anything that is left, regardless of what tags he already has. Also, you can kill 2 bucks with a gun as long as that is the only 2 bucks you kill. The limit is 2 per year (the IDNR considers a year to be July 1st to July 1st, one year to the next, as a year) through all weapon types and seasons.
Old 09-04-2008, 01:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

He just emailed me, he got his tags!!!!!
Old 09-05-2008, 11:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Kid! That was the response I was hoping for! Now I just got to convince him to head to Southern Illinois with me. With some of the bucks I've heard of being shot down there and the land I'm hunting on hasn't been hunted in a long time and is near the Shawnee forest, I don't know what he is thinking!
Old 09-05-2008, 11:32 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: fastetti

Thanks Kid! That was the response I was hoping for! Now I just got to convince him to head to Southern Illinois with me. With some of the bucks I've heard of being shot down there and the land I'm hunting on hasn't been hunted in a long time and is near the Shawnee forest, I don't know what he is thinking!
Speaking of S. Illinois bucks, here's a 07 buck from our lease!

Old 09-05-2008, 12:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Formula1, if you don't mind me asking, what county are you in with deer like that! (as I whisper to myself "please say Saline or Pope, please say Saline or Pope")
Old 09-05-2008, 12:46 PM
Typical Buck

Sorry, this is Johnson Co. FYI, this buck was 177 and change gross score. Although you can't really tell, its only 15" wide, too.
Old 09-06-2008, 06:06 AM
Fork Horn

Wahoo....I got my permit!!! This will be my first time hunting my in-laws farm in Calhoun county, just ouside of Hardin.

Quick Reply: IL 2nd lotto results just posted....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.