Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Mountain Lion Spotted in WI >

Mountain Lion Spotted in WI

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Mountain Lion Spotted in WI

Old 12-03-2008, 04:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Mountain Lion Spotted in WI

Actually its not illegal. As long as its not concealed and youre over the age of 18 you can carry a side arm for self defense or small game hunting.
ORIGINAL: lungbuster12point06

Just a word of caution when carrying pistols during bow season.............It's illegal to posses firearms while bowhunting, so i'd be careful packing heat........Mtn lions aren't as deadly as most people think especially to adults, small kids are a different story, if you have a bow and are a good shot, why be worried????
Old 12-03-2008, 07:14 AM
Fork Horn

I've heard so much about how the dnr is worried about the invasive flying carp. How about the invasive cougar??? Imagine a 260lb cat jumping on top of you as you walk to/from your stand.
Old 12-03-2008, 10:38 AM
Typical Buck

Old pic of momma and cubs.

As I recall the pic shows an eartagged mother and cubs eating a muley doe. I think it was South Dakota.

Old 12-03-2008, 11:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes, South Dakota. This pic has been going around for months. I've seen it on at least 5 differnt sites and emails saying it was from Buffalo Co, Bayfield, Eagle River etc. Not saying that there aren't cats in our state, but this picture is bogus.
Old 12-03-2008, 02:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Don't wait for the DNR to do anything about it, because they won't. The people are going to have to do something about it.
Old 12-03-2008, 08:58 PM

Yah the picture is from the northern part of the Black Hills in South Dakota. I am not a real big fan of hunting out there anymore. Atleast until the sun is up and to make sure I am going to be back to the truck a good 15 minutes before dark. I will let you guys know that they are heading your way at an alarming rate. I live in eastern South Dakota near Mitchell. Over the past two months there have been tons of sightings and GFP confirmed reports in this area alone. They are still sticking to there reports that the only breading population is confined to the Black Hills Fire District area but I am personally starting to belive that there is a breading population from the panhandle of nebraska north into North Dakota from the Missouri River west. I have never seen one in this area but over the past three months I have seen sign while out deer and coyote hunting. Most recently some fresh tracks in a creek bottom. Last month was a deer carcass that was drug in a culvert and half ate partially covered with grass.

Just give it 10 years or so. For every one you see there are several more in the area. They are extremly elusive and nocturnal.
Old 12-04-2008, 09:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had a mtn lion in my old yard in suburban Detroit in 2004. I'm sure you have them in WI.
Old 12-07-2008, 05:19 PM
Spike

Been looking for a track of one for many winters now in the northern part of the state of WI. Have yet to find one. Hunting partner said he found one during the deer season that was a few days old. I find one, and the hounds will be unleashed, and the whole world will see it in the tree!!!
Old 12-10-2008, 05:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

This is a photo of a cougar killed in Pelican Lake, Wi. The guy who shot it is 6 foot tall and weighs about 220 lbs. He was in a deer stand near Consolidated Rd. and County Hwy. B. He saw it pass him upwind and then down wind. When the cat passed him again he knew that it was hunting him, so - boom.

Old 12-10-2008, 08:21 AM
Spike

That's another old pic from somewhere else. If I remember right it was shot in idaho some 20yrs ago. Think I first seen it on bowsite.

Steve

Quick Reply: Mountain Lion Spotted in WI

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.