Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Looking for a Lab! >

Looking for a Lab!

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Looking for a Lab!

Old 03-13-2003, 07:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Looking for a Lab!

Hello all, I am just curious if anyone in Wisconsin has a line on a Chocolate Lab pups? I am looking for a block head, Male pup! If anyone knows of any please reply!
Old 03-14-2003, 12:05 PM
nub

Default RE: Looking for a Lab!

You might want to give Lab Rescue a try. You should be able to find them with your search feature. They have puppies at times or adults. Some even come trained and ready to hunt. Some are free. Its a great way to save a lab.
Old 03-14-2003, 05:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have been looking thru the Lab rescue site for the past 2 weeks! No luck yet! Still looking!!!
Old 03-28-2003, 08:28 PM
Spike

My friend has a litter due around May 8th the Dam is from Sunnyburke kennels in SunPraire, Wisc and the stud is from Melrose,Wisc. I have hunted over the bitch since she was a year old and never seen a dog with so much drive, she is also AKC, OFA as far as the stud goes, I have never seen him in action, but from the owners photos he seems to be good in the field and AKC' d, I don' t no about OFA though. I will be posting their creditials within a week or so as soon as I receive all the info as far as the lineage. Matt is expecting 5 to 7 pups out of this litter and they are pretty much reserved already tho.
Old 04-07-2003, 07:40 PM

I got one, he is 12 1/2 years old, bad attitude, bad hips, BIG block head, takes a good size 2x4 to get his attention these days. OH, thats right, you are looking for one to buy, I wouldnt sell him for a million $$, lucky for me he' s a Black Lab and not Chocolate. Good Luck!

Old 04-07-2003, 08:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

12.5 is pretty good! My last dog, a golden was like 11.5. Tough old desert dog! I think the lab pup is on hold until after deer gun season. I will be to busy and will have no time to train the pup proper so I decided to wait. I want to do it right. I don' t want to rush it and I couldn' t find the right pup!
Old 04-15-2003, 09:32 AM
Fork Horn

I have a friend that has a big block headed lab that is a duck hunting prodigy for sale if you are interested
Old 04-16-2003, 11:26 AM
Spike

Dam: Rhemington Wells Pierce from Sunnyburke Kennels.
AKC and OFA certified Fair at 24months. Chocolate color, and extremely hard driving in the field. This dog has 3 junior hunter, 3 field champions, and 2 master hunters in past 3 generations.

Sire: Bare Magic
AKC registered, chocolate color, and a great hunting dog also.
Litter due approx May 8th
Males $325.00
Females $375.00
All pups will have their first vaccination and dew claws removed prior to sale.
Reserves welcomed please contact Matt Pierce at (608) 784-0731 home/ 769-4568 cell for more information or to reserve your pup
Old 04-17-2003, 12:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey fellas thanks for the info! I am going to hold on the pup until November because I won' t have much time in a few weeks. I' ll be working for a month or two with out a day off and serious hours so I won' t have time for proper training but come fall I' ll take the hook ups!

[hr] Sounds like a good hound lax![:-]