Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 No Baiting in MI >

No Baiting in MI

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

No Baiting in MI

Old 08-27-2008, 06:02 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: No Baiting in MI

For all of you that are saying people will need to learn how to hunt for real now are probably the ones hunting the private land with ideal ratios and good deer numbers, how many of you have actually hunted public land in northern MI? when you're seeing 5 deer over a week span a little bait livens things up a little bit, i read a fact in one of my recent hunting magazine, it was either Bowhunter or Bowhunting and it stated that hunters that hunted over bait had lower success than those that didnt use bait, so dont go thinking that its like shooting fish in a barrel like so many people think, I can understand not needing bait in the south but up north is a whole different story.
Old 08-27-2008, 07:44 PM
Fork Horn

hey dude! I hunt nothen but state! and I also hunt in the northern area too! It's just to bad that some people that are hunting now have not been brought up from a squirt to a adult have never been taught the best dam sport in the world. It's just like rifle season I've seen guys in the field all tech. out under armor orange out! and when talking to you their rifle is pointing at you and not on safe.[:@]dang Walmart hunters! So anyway good opionion roby but don't jump the gun! Its just to bad our great state can't organize itself!
Old 08-28-2008, 12:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

it was either Bowhunter or Bowhunting and it stated that hunters that hunted over bait had lower success than those that didnt use bait, so dont go thinking that its like shooting fish in a barrel like so many people think, I can understand not needing bait in the south but up north is a whole different story.
What are you complaining about then If that's what It states? Whitetails aren't that tough to pattern. Believe me, you will figure It out.
Old 08-28-2008, 01:37 PM
Fork Horn

I am a little confused, according to the DNR website when you could bait :

"The volume of bait cannot exceed 2 gallons at any hunting site." from DNR Website.

Yet ya'll make it sound like people are backing dump trucks of beets and carrots up and ringing the dinner bell. If people were doing that and you could see it then you call the DNR and let them handle it. Or is this just a lot of speculation about baiting? Do you guys that are anti bait make mock scrapes? Put down doe in heat scent? Thats all bait!

It sure seems like a non item to get worried about as everyone proclaims how great they are at hunting. Heck a lot of the northern part of the state you all ready couldn't bait in so nothing new there.

Jake
Old 08-28-2008, 01:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

TRUCK LOADS! two gallons is the size bucket you sit on in the shanty on top the bait pile! Deer scent, lure, scrapes is not an artificial food source puchsed by bulk deer hunting.
Old 08-28-2008, 08:26 PM
Spike

I can't say I have never baited , I can say I have never baited in excess , no "truckloads" here . I did buy a little auto feeder deal made from a 5 gallon bucket last year took about a week to empty it cycling on at dawn and at dusk , the turkeys, birds, and squirels loved it . lol never saw any deer around it .I do kinda almost feel sorry for the guys who use truckloads of bait to hunt though. NOT. I must admit I am pretty lucky where I hunt it is all private , it has water , and a few apple trees although the apple crop sucks .
Old 08-29-2008, 06:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

I fee sorry fpor the fsarmers who ,make a living from this 'bait for sale'. It is amjor cash crop for them and (I couldn't find the number) it will have an impact on the economy already being devastated by the car companies. DNR has struck a major blow to the state, not just hunters!
Old 09-03-2008, 07:27 PM
Fork Horn

I think the only companies that would be hit would be the gas stations on the way to camp!
Old 09-04-2008, 10:48 AM

i live and hunt in one of the heaviest hunted areas of northern mi. mainly on state land.you can still get deer without bait every year. you will have to learn topractice estimating different yardages for shooting. and change some of your tactics. i see and consistently get deer every year without bait.
Old 09-04-2008, 12:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ranger You hit the nail on the head generations of guys that know nothing of how to truely hunt!!!Lets just dump some bait and sit!!!Walt
ORIGINAL: ranger6

hey dude! I hunt nothen but state! and I also hunt in the northern area too! It's just to bad that some people that are hunting now have not been brought up from a squirt to a adult have never been taught the best dam sport in the world. It's just like rifle season I've seen guys in the field all tech. out under armor orange out! and when talking to you their rifle is pointing at you and not on safe.[:@]dang Walmart hunters! So anyway good opionion roby but don't jump the gun! Its just to bad our great state can't organize itself!

Quick Reply: No Baiting in MI

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.