Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Stir Crazy

Old 08-10-2008, 09:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Stir Crazy

Man I am going nuts, with the temps today in IL being around 74 with LOW humidity, it felt like early Oct. Had to break out the bow and try my new Lumenoks....Amazing those things are. Anyways, just wanted to release my tension....carry on!
Old 08-11-2008, 09:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Stir Crazy

Man, I was thinking the same thing yesterday. Was sitting on the couch, windows open, acool breeze blowing in and I was watching a few hunting shows. It really did feel like October, So close yet so far way!
Old 08-11-2008, 11:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

h-m-m-m-m-m-m, I'm so happy I'm so happy , whistle a tune whistle a tune. toe tapping toe tapping, hand tapping hand tapping! stare-stare
Old 08-11-2008, 02:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: solocamcan

Man I am going nuts, with the temps today in IL being around 74 with LOW humidity, it felt like early Oct. Had to break out the bow and try my new Lumenoks....Amazing those things are. Anyways, just wanted to release my tension....carry on!
I can't take it anymore either. Everything around me right now is just screaming deer season. I got home from work this morning and drove the bike in the garage and shut it off. Closed the garage door walked around the corner and there stood a doe and twin fawns drinking at the pond. I wake up this afternoon and go get the mail and there is the new issue of F&S with a buck on the front cover with velvet hanging off his rack. I find myself drinking a couple extra beers now!
Old 08-11-2008, 03:09 PM
Spike

I just got back from the bow range. 3rd time in 5 days. I'm ready. I even sighted in both my 44 mags, my 357, and even my muzzle loader yesterday. Granted I'll have to check each of them again, but that's ok. I still need to sight in the shotgun as well. I can't wait! Under 50 days until bow season starts!!!
Old 08-11-2008, 04:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm goin worse than nuts. lows in mid to lower 60's. great winds. and i had 20 pics of does in the middle of the day. all one day.
My wife is thinking about petitioning the MDC to start season early this year so i'll quit driving her bonkers
Old 08-12-2008, 07:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was thinking the same thing this morning as I was driving into work. Drove past a bean field that had 7 or 8 deer in it, really starting to get my juices flowing. Oct needs to get here quick!!!!!!!
Old 08-12-2008, 12:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

that first cool breeze gets me going, though I've yet to feel that, makes me think of 2 things, football, and hunting.

Old 08-12-2008, 08:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: salukipv1

that first cool breeze gets me going, though I've yet to feel that, makes me think of 2 things, football, and hunting.

Up here in Champaign last night you could see your breath, a whopping 52 degrees.
Old 08-12-2008, 09:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: solocamcan

ORIGINAL: salukipv1

Up here in Champaign last night you could see your breath, a whopping 52 degrees.
Ya, it was a chilly ride home this morning on the Harley!