Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 St.louis area....looking for help >

St.louis area....looking for help

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

St.louis area....looking for help

Old 06-23-2008, 11:50 AM

Default St.louis area....looking for help

Hi! I'm new to the forum and was wanting to see if anyone in the st.louis area could help out a little. I am wanting to learn to bow hunt and have no experiance. I have looked on the net for some clubs around but I'm not having much luck. Soooo I thought I would give this a shot. I'm looking for someone that is willing to teach me and help me pick up the basic skills or if someone could point me towards a club that does this sort of thing. Thanks so much
Old 06-23-2008, 05:45 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: St.louis area....looking for help

there is a shop in maryville Il not far from St. Louis the owners name is Jim they will help you out with your set up and help you shoot and teach you some of the basics
Old 06-23-2008, 06:54 PM

someone just told me to check that place out about an hour ago thanks for the help
Old 06-24-2008, 03:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Does your DNR/Game Commision have Hunter Education courses? Excellent offering and lots of info in a 1 or 2 day class.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:34 AM

...and I just moved away from St. louis...

Never found anything in the area other than the big stores, and wouldn't really recomend those for a beginner. But during the 2 years I was there I never traveled that far out of the city except the 2 hr. trip back to my hometown in IL.

I did hear about the Maryville shop though...
Old 06-24-2008, 03:29 PM
Spike

Hey Ash,

There is a really good shop called Town Hall Archery over in Belleville, Illinois on Hwy.15. I work in St. Louis but live across the river in IL. I have been going to Town Hall for years. They have an indoor range as well as a techno shooting lane. Hope this helps. It's not far at all from downtown Stl.Ibought all of mybows there and they havestuff in every price range.

Good Luck,

Rob
Old 06-26-2008, 09:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

There's a Bow (Archery) Shop in Perryville Mo. but that might be a little too far for you to travel?.....highway 55 south of St. Louis off the 129 mile marker.They do a lot of shooting there in their IN-door Shooting Range! www.blevinsarchery.com you can visit it on-line.I have practiced in there a few times,if your ever down this way shoot me a PM or e-mail and maybe I can get a few Friends and my Daughter to go there for some practicing?You can also register at another hunting site I frequent that is located in Missouri but has hunters/members from all over the USA and the UK and Africa!Drop in and say "HI" at www.shomeoutdoors.comThere are plenty of experienced Women Hunters from all around Missouri and St. Louis on SMO that can help you out too Ashley!
Old 06-29-2008, 06:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yep, I can reccomend both Town Hall Archery and Tim-buck-tu. Both in Illinois. And both can defintely get you setup. Check em out here.

www.townhallarchery.com

www.tbtoutdoors.com