Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Any Minnesota hunters around? >

Any Minnesota hunters around?

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Any Minnesota hunters around?

Old 02-28-2003, 09:38 AM
Fork Horn

Default Any Minnesota hunters around?

Just wondering who' s out there, and what and where do you hunt.

I do quite a bit duck hunting, but not as much in MN the last few years (tough to find a duck here lately). We do most of our duck hunting north of Detroit Lakes, and when the migration is coming through it can really be wild and crazy!

This deer season I hunted in Itasca State Park. I had a nice 6 point sneak up right behind me (scared the heck out of me). When I turned and lifted my gun to shoot, the scope was all fogged over. By the time I wiped it off, the buck saw me and took off. Boy did I feel stupid! Oh well, maybe next year.
Old 03-01-2003, 02:14 AM

Default RE: Any Minnesota hunters around?

I' m from Duluth and I hunt on my land in the Normanna Twsp. mostly deer and bear.I' ve hunted in Nebraska for turkeys,and i go to Idaho every year to hunt elk.
Old 03-01-2003, 06:56 PM

I DO THE MAJORITY OF MY HUNTING IN THE SOUTHEASTERN CORNER OF THE STATE. I OWN PROPERTY DOWN IN THE BLUFF COUNTRY NEAR MABLE. DEER HUNTING IS GREAT ALONG WITH TURKEYS AND EXCELLENT TROUT FISHING.
Old 03-01-2003, 07:32 PM
Fork Horn

Struttn- I haven' t seen much of that part of the state, but what I have was beautiful. Your lucky to own land down there, I don' t think there is much public land that way is there?

I see your from Cloquet. Do you ever do any hunting around there?
Old 03-03-2003, 05:21 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-03-2003, 11:34 AM
Fork Horn

I' m from Wheaton right on the South Dakota border. I do most of my duck hunting on Big Stone Lake, south by Ortonville and south east of Clinton and every once in a while I' ll go on lake traverse to. For deer I just go south down towards Browns Valley. Our deer season was nothing short of extremely sucky this year. In 4 days of hunting we saw 8 deer and we walked and walked and walked. There' s deer down here but where they were I have no idea. Duck hunting down in this area last year for me was GREAT!!!! This was probably my best year ever. But that' s another story.
Old 03-04-2003, 10:44 AM

I live in southern Minnesota near St. Peter and go to school in Fargo, ND. I do a lot of bowhunting in Clay County and also Sibley and LeSueur counties.
Old 03-05-2003, 10:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Central MN deer hunter. Used to hunt north of Deer River. Hunt grouse by Squaw Lake. Our farm is west of Long Prairie.
Old 03-05-2003, 10:38 AM

Originally from New York Mills, still rifle hunt there, now I live and hunt in the Pierz area, I am starting to go stir crazy cant wait for fall. I mainly bowhunt but take time off to chase pheasants and grouse with my black lab.
Old 03-05-2003, 12:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

ONAMIA,MN.--central part of the state.I hunt mainly with bow but i do resort to rifle if i don' t have any venison by the time rifle season opens.

Quick Reply: Any Minnesota hunters around?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.