Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Anyone Apply For There ILLINOIS NR Deer Tags? >

Anyone Apply For There ILLINOIS NR Deer Tags?

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Anyone Apply For There ILLINOIS NR Deer Tags?

Old 06-24-2008, 10:03 AM
Spike

Default RE: Anyone Apply For There ILLINOIS NR Deer Tags?

right on thanks for the update. now i need to get on there and get it all taking care of. i want to bowhunt also but i dont feel like forking out the extra money and also the way fuel prices are. i figured one trip over there would be enough for this year.
Old 06-24-2008, 12:15 PM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

Very glad I moved here from Indiana just in time to get my IL LL. Don't have to deal with these high fees, plus I get 2 buck tags every year. Wish we'd lower the NR tag fees to something reasonable. Highest in the US right now. It ain't right.

In case they ask you guys for the $3 donation too, make sure you understand those amounts will be promptly diverted by Blago into the general fund for welfare checks. You probably already know that though.
Old 06-24-2008, 12:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

With the money they are raking in for these overpriced permits, Illinois should have one of the best funded DNRs in the country and should be buying up ground and converting it to public access to sell even more permits. But it aint happening.
Old 06-24-2008, 12:41 PM

They are actually cutting back on DNR funds. Kinda odd.

More state land would be great.
Old 06-24-2008, 12:43 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yep, a couple thousand acres of open access land is gonna sell a lot more permits and hunting licensesthan if that land is posted and only hunted by a couple people.
Old 06-24-2008, 03:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

non-res should just goto Kansas anyway....there aren't any big deer here in IL anymore.
Old 07-05-2008, 08:24 AM
Fork Horn

BOWHUNTERCOP, how did you get your NR firearm permit? Are you a landowner? I was on the website first thing monday the 1st, and they aren't available yet. Called DNR in Alton for an exact date, and allthe womanwould tell me was "sometime in July sir". This is my first time applying...inlaws own a farm in Calhoun county, and wife is buying my permit...so I don't want to screw this up.
Old 07-05-2008, 01:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I also called the 800#, they told me the same, I then emailed the DNR informing them that I'm reading two different things:

1) NR Firearms tag applications not until July
2) while applying for my NR Archery Tag, it looks like I could apply for the NR firearm tags

they replied the next day with an email stating that NR firearm tags are ready to applied for, so myself and 4 other friends went thru with it, and we printed the recipt with the transaction number. I got my credit card bill already and both my NR Archery and NR firearm transaction was on the bill. I'm not a land owner
Old 07-05-2008, 03:44 PM
Fork Horn

Hmmmm.....I just checked the DNR website a few minutes ago, and their still not available. Guess i'll have to call again Monday. Hope I can get someone that can give me some answers. Thanks...........
Old 07-05-2008, 05:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Bow-4-It

Hmmmm.....I just checked the DNR website a few minutes ago, and their still not available. Guess i'll have to call again Monday. Hope I can get someone that can give me some answers. Thanks...........
I did mine last month, but I just went on-line and I could apply for them on-line. I went as far as purchasing a tag, I didn't want to buy another one

Quick Reply: Anyone Apply For There ILLINOIS NR Deer Tags?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.