Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Northeast Ohio Hunting >

Northeast Ohio Hunting

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Northeast Ohio Hunting

Old 05-19-2008, 04:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Northeast Ohio Hunting

Looking for some info on the Canton/Wooster area of Ohio. A neighbor's in-laws have a farm that he says is not hunted (other than by a few in the family) and it sounds like he can get me in there as well.My neighbor isa hunter but not a die hard (more of a head to camp kind of guy.) So I'm not sure what he's telling me is completely accurate. Just curious of the area and hunting? What are the deer numbers like and the hunting terrain?

Thinking of making a trip this fall to be able to bowhunt longer and into the rut more than PA allows at this time. Any info would be appreciated.
Old 05-21-2008, 02:22 AM

Default RE: Northeast Ohio Hunting

Theres alot of nice deer in the Wayne Co area mostly all farm country i live the next county north Medina and we do good in this area with some fine bucks also when your in Wayne County your not far from Killbuck Wildlife Area which also holds some nice Deer so check it out may be a good honey hole

MrGobbler
Old 05-21-2008, 04:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Mr. Gobbler. I still haven't had a chance to talk to his wife yet to get a better understanding of where it is at.

I've been doing some research but I can't find for sure on the website. Is Sunday hunting allowed in Ohio as well? It appears it is.
Old 05-23-2008, 01:30 PM

ORIGINAL: Pops423

Thanks Mr. Gobbler. I still haven't had a chance to talk to his wife yet to get a better understanding of where it is at.

I've been doing some research but I can't find for sure on the website. Is Sunday hunting allowed in Ohio as well? It appears it is.
yes we can Sunday hunt if you get more info on the property let me know i probably know the area like i said i dont live far from Wayne Co. and the biggest town around there is Wooster so let me know

MrGobbler
Old 05-23-2008, 06:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

I also live to the north in Medina county, and that area has a lot of nice deer. My mom works in Wooster and tells me that shes sees all kinda of big ones on her drive in.