Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Leasing hunting ground? >

Leasing hunting ground?

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Leasing hunting ground?

Old 04-15-2008, 01:41 PM
Fork Horn

Default Leasing hunting ground?

Help!!! If I was to lease some Prime, and I do mean Prime, hunting ground in SE Kansas. What would it be worth? Could a person lease it to two different individuals, one for bow and the other for rifle season? I'm curious how all this leasing works. And what would be my liability? I would appreaciate any input.
Old 04-15-2008, 01:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Leasing hunting ground?

I would get on google and hunt up various leasing sites that cover your territory. That would give you an idea of what the going rate is for your land.
Old 04-15-2008, 06:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Get an idea of what the going rate is to lease property and then see what they are wanting to charge you to lease?That way you have an idea of what it might cost you and if you got the property at a good price?Some places can be leased year round where you can Bow Hunt and Rifle Hunt and work the land to improve it for your hunting and the property Owners benefit!Most Land Owners will have you sign a contract stating what rights you have,how much hunting you are allowed or time you can spend on the land and a waiver stating they are not liable if you happen to get injured,fall from a tree stand or get involved in a accidental shooting etc....!

The land we lease we are allowed to go in about 1 month ahead of the November Rifle Deer Season and do our scouting and stand placements then we actually go in and set up to hunt for the 11 days of Rifle Season and after it is over we pull our stands and gear and we are done for that year.The Owner let me come in and do some tree trimming and clearing of brush and overhanging limbs on the logging roads and we did some frost-seeding of clover this past March.As we get to know each other and trust each other to respect his property he has been letting us do more on his ground.He does lots of Turkey Hunting in the Spring and Fall so he doesn't want anyone disturbing anythingor beingon the property at those times.I tried to lease the property for several months to Bow Hunt and then Rifle Hunt during Deer Season but he doesn't want anyone Bow Hunting there so I have respected his wishes.....maybe one day if he see's we are good respectable Hunters I will get to Bow Hunt there?Until then I'm happy to have a large area to hunt some really nice Deer!This Spring we also get to help in planting some food plots in area's where we can draw more deer in to our hunting spots and last year the Owner let my oldest Daughter hunt during the Youth Deer Season and he didn't charge me for it because he is thrilled to let another Youth learn to hunt so I'm very lucky to have a land Owner that loves to hunt and is happy to help the Youths/Future Hunters!
Old 04-15-2008, 09:52 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the feedback. Ihave 100acres ofhunting ground, with 33 acres of it planted in clover.There is an opportunity for me to purchase another 80 acres of mostly timber next to my property. I was thinking about buying it and leasing it out. Was just curious about leasing prices.It would be nice to make the lease profitable, but I would also benifit knowing that someone else has a place to hunt and enjoy the outdoors as much as I do.
Old 04-16-2008, 06:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

PM Sent
Old 04-16-2008, 07:37 AM
Spike

Give me a call, Im in SE KANSAS and I can help you out! I just leased 1700acres sunday. we are over 5000 now. call me and i can expalin more. thanks-620 692-3245