Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Minnesota hunters >

Minnesota hunters

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Minnesota hunters

Old 10-08-2008, 08:19 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Minnesota hunters

Hey guys Northern Mn checking in and its been slow!!! i dont know about anyone else but SLOW last yr we had tons of pictures and now we have the same 4 deer coming in... Normally this time of year evenign hunts are great but now i'm not seeing deer till dark and later..
Old 10-08-2008, 08:28 PM

im heading out tomorrow morning into the SW metro. I havent seen anything notable so far this season but im hoping that tomorrow shows more promise. Has anyone noticed any patterns so far? when theyre moving? what theyre eating? anything?
Old 10-08-2008, 09:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

i'm taking tomorrow off to hunt too. i'll be nw of the cities, just north of becker. i shot a doe out of this stand the last time i hunted it so we'll see....
Old 10-10-2008, 07:08 AM
Spike

Good luck to all the MN hunters out there this weekend. Looks like the weather is about to cool off again for us. Gonna make for some good action comin up, and you gotta love that!!
Old 10-10-2008, 10:37 AM
Fork Horn

Finally saw 3 deer just before dark last night. Saw lots more wolf sign so I knew that was part of the reason.

Old 10-10-2008, 02:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

You guys are all driving me nuts here with all the hunting your doing!! I've been out only once so far, still a tad early yet but It's getting closer!
Old 10-10-2008, 06:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey, any of you guys doing any calling yet? I always say that I am going to wait until late October to start calling, but it seems like I can never wait. I had a little buck come into the woods tonight just before dark, it looked like he was going to walk straight away from me, so I figured I woiuld play with him a little. I made some small buck grunts to him, and he acted like he never even heard them, but I know he had to. I turned to put my grunt tube away, and when I turned back around, he was gone, I have no idea where he went.
So what are you guys doing now as far as calls, anything?
Old 10-11-2008, 01:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've been tickling the antlers for ****s and giggles, also grunting a little. Nothing to write home about yet, still a bit early.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:13 AM
Fork Horn

Has anyone been out hunting during the week, while us poor slobs in the city anxiously wait for the weekend?
Hows the deer movement? Rubs/scrapes? Anything happening?

Thanks guys!
Old 10-15-2008, 09:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Rubs/scrapes? Anything happening?
I was In the woods today and threw a stand up. I'm liking it too, very excited about this spot!! I need the right wind though, South wind please!!!!???

Back to your question after I got the stand up I found a nice rub (baseball size) that was just made In the last week and I found a few scrapes as well. The scrapes are going to be tough to find being the leaves are coming off the tree's. I'm sure there's more there then were seeing, there just covered In leaves.

Quick Reply: Minnesota hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.