Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Minnesota hunters >

Minnesota hunters

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Minnesota hunters

Old 10-16-2008, 07:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Minnesota hunters

I have been finding rubs and scrapes for the past couple of weeks around here, nothing real big tho. Seems like every time I get out, I find a few more rubs.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:38 AM
Fork Horn

Are you guys hunting those rub lines? maybe following them to a thicket/bedding area and setting up near there for evening hunts for a buck to come out? (Or for a buck to go in the thicket in the morning?)

Thanks
Parker
Old 10-16-2008, 11:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: parker34

Are you guys hunting those rub lines? maybe following them to a thicket/bedding area and setting up near there for evening hunts for a buck to come out? (Or for a buck to go in the thicket in the morning?)

Thanks
Parker
Well yes and no. I have a couple of stands set up close by some of these rubs, but I am not setting up on purpose on them. I kind of know where the rubs and scrapes have been year after year, so I have always made sure that I have a stand someplace close by.
Old 10-19-2008, 10:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: parker34

Thanks
Parker
Nope. The stand I just put up Is more of a look out then anything. If a few more rubs happen In the same area/trail as the other big rub I might get a little more excited about It then and maybe change it up a little and hunt the trail with the rub line.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Anyone down a big buck yet??
Old 11-04-2008, 09:08 AM
Fork Horn

Just a couple of does.
I saw more deer in Minneapolis on Sunday than3 of us did hunting this past weekend.. Nothing doing by our place NE of Hinkley.
We do have some nice pics of a couplenice 8pointer, and a great looking 10 pointer in our clover fields over the last couple weeks. All pics are at night of course..
My dad & I are going up tonight to hunt before the gun hunt starts Saturday. Hopefully we can figure out wherethose big guysare at before Saturday comes and get him on the pole for the gun hunters to look at..
Best of luck to everyone!

Old 11-04-2008, 11:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

I’m getting quite a few pictures of bucks (60+ over the last week), 4 of which I would shoot. Hunted Sunday and didn’t see anything. On the way home I clipped a fawn with my truck.

On Tuesday last week i had a nice 10 point chasing two does around right outside my window at work. I could stand up in my cube and see them. that was cool. Saw an 8 from my cube earlier that same morning. kills me to see that stuff at work.

good luck this weekend everyone...
Old 11-08-2008, 10:41 AM
Fork Horn

Minnesota is where I learned to hunt and where I will always hunt !
Old 11-10-2008, 06:58 AM
Fork Horn

Well it has been a while since I was on here October was a bad month. Our moose hunting trip turned into a survival trip when our hunting partners rooled over ther canoe 15 miles back in and lost there one bag that had the clothes for both of them in.The warter temp was in the upper 40's and the air temp was in the low 40's with a 45 mph wind that picked up. After we got home I found my construction trailer with 15,000 worth of tools stolen and my garage broken into and my bow gone. Anyway I went and got a new DXT and got her sighted in last week and went hunting for the first time in a month on sat. When I went to call themy friend that isthe groundskeeper at the golf course I hunthe said that they couldn't allow hunting anymore until he cot a injury waiver form from there attoerney for me to sign and I have been hunting there for two years. Well with the gun opener I had no really good spots to sit so I went and asked a member of the golf course where I hunt if I could hunt her property and they said yesso I went and scouted the 10 aceras found a spot went and bought a stand hung the stand and went and got my bow. After an hour in the stand I could herea buck grunting his head of in the distance alomost like a tom turkey in the spring. After a few bleats on my MAD bleat tube he came at a dead run. He stoped 4 yds from the base of my tree and I was able to catch both lungs he went 20yds and piled up the rage 2 blade did the trick again. He had a lot of ground shrinkage but it is still my biggest bow buck and my first buck in 2 years so I am extremely happy with him.

Ps Schultzy i could use a hand with the pics again
Old 11-14-2008, 09:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

My hunting has been somewhat slow but my brother Is having an Incredible year seeing big bucks this year. In the last week he has seen 4 different P&Y bucks. Smallest being 125" to 130" and the biggest In that 160" range. He had the big guy at 15 yards twice but no shot!![:@][:@] His area he's hunting Is getting all tore up, scrapes every where. Its a gold mind right now. He don't think the doe's are ready yet though. I'm thinking with In a couple days all hell Is going to break loose. I hope my own luck changes, I'm not satisfied with the size of bucks I'm seeing yet.

Quick Reply: Minnesota hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.