Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Minnesota hunters >

Minnesota hunters

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Minnesota hunters

Old 09-05-2008, 07:07 PM
Spike

Default RE: Minnesota hunters

Haven't got into bow hunting yet. How about rifle opportunities? Maybe I haven't put in enough time yet, but it seems like a lot of places are bow/slug only. Thanks
Old 09-06-2008, 05:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey everyone. There seems to be a lot of bow hunters on here, so I figure asking here is as good as anywhere. If I wanted to start shooting a bow, where do you start? I grew up in WY where no one really hunted from a tree stand or anything, so I never really saw the practicallity of bow hunting. However, after moving to MNand seeing the ample opportunities, I can understand the appeal. I've been mostly shooting ML's, but right now time is at a premium, so shooting my ML isn't nearly as practical by the time you figure in set-up, cleaning, etc.
So, where do you start and what do you do? Sorry if that's kind of a broad question.

Vince
Old 09-15-2008, 08:29 AM
Fork Horn

Anyone have any luck?
None for me, just got out once for an hour or so.
Old 09-15-2008, 03:18 PM
Fork Horn

Well the wife wouldn't let me go out on the opener but i did get to go out sunday morning and brought a buddy of mine a long. he is the one on the left and this was his first ever deer with a bow and only second deer of all time and he has been hunting for 14 years. Anyway we went to my favorite spot a buddy of mine is the superintendent ofa golf course and they need deer out of there so he asked if we could help. Anyway we went out at 5:45 and at 7:30 i shoot mine she was the 15th doe I had seen that morning and look good and stood there at 5 yds. He shot his at 7:45 and she came by with a small group at 10 yds. All in all a good morning
For Some reason I cant get the pic to upload here the file is too large they will only let a 100 KB pic on anybody have any ideas
Old 09-15-2008, 10:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: mconwa951

Well the wife wouldn't let me go out on the opener but i did get to go out sunday morning and brought a buddy of mine a long. he is the one on the left and this was his first ever deer with a bow and only second deer of all time and he has been hunting for 14 years. Anyway we went to my favorite spot a buddy of mine is the superintendent ofa golf course and they need deer out of there so he asked if we could help. Anyway we went out at 5:45 and at 7:30 i shoot mine she was the 15th doe I had seen that morning and look good and stood there at 5 yds. He shot his at 7:45 and she came by with a small group at 10 yds. All in all a good morning
For Some reason I cant get the pic to upload here the file is too large they will only let a 100 KB pic on anybody have any ideas
Congrats mc!! Great story.
Old 09-16-2008, 05:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Here ya go Mike! Congrats on the deer!!

Old 09-17-2008, 09:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

i passed on a doe on monday. kind of an iffy shot. she was slightly quartering to me at 30 yards. thought my odds were better to wait for a better shot. nope, she left the field.

nice does guys! i'm going up to my land this weekend with a buddy. hopefully we'll have a matching picture.
Old 09-25-2008, 05:03 PM

Ya, prodaddy1 here. just found the mn fourm site. Hope to see some other people on as well. No luck yet. My youngest son got a nice doe last friday evening. thanks
Old 09-26-2008, 12:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats to your son prodaddy!! I've been out once so far. I let a doe and 2 fawns go by at 12 yards and also passed on 3 smaller bucks at about 12 yards the same evening.
Old 09-26-2008, 02:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Not much going on in South East Minnesota yet. Been out8 times, Saw 3 does on day 1, saw a little 6 point on day 2, and then I went 5 days without a deer sighting, and then last night I saw my first shooter buck, but by the time I saw him, he was too far away.

Quick Reply: Minnesota hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.